Author Topic: Looking for burial record of Hilary Patricia de Vine Hoflin  (Read 319 times)

Offline Danielle98

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for burial record of Hilary Patricia de Vine Hoflin
« on: Monday 19 August 19 20:17 BST (UK) »
Hilary Patricia de Vine Hoflin died on 5th November 1944 in Brompton Hospital Kensington. Unfortunately, her burial place is not known. In the 'occupation' section of the death certificate, it states that she was of Evington (?) Cleland Road, Gerrards Cross, Bucks and a hospital nurse. A very elderly aunt would dearly love to know where she is buried. Any help will be gratefully received. Many thanks

Offline AntonyMMM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Researcher (retired) and former Deputy Registrar
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for burial record of Hilary Patricia de Vine Hoflin
« Reply #1 on: Monday 19 August 19 20:49 BST (UK) »
Cleland Road is really in Chalfont St Peter, not Gerrards Cross. I live very close by.

The parish churchyard was not being used by then, I don't think,  but there was a small memorial garden in the village centre used as a extension to the churchyard. However, in 1944 a new Garden of Rest was opened on the edge of the village in Denham Lane - if she was buried close to home that would be the most likely. The records of both are held by the parish council

https://chalfontstpeter-pc.gov.uk/cemeteries-and-burials/

If she was Catholic there is a burial ground at St Joseph's Church only a couple of minutes walk from where she was living.

If she isn't in any of those -  there are other options slightly further away in Gerrards Cross/Stoke Poges/Chalfont St Giles that I would try next (unless she was cremated ?).

Offline Danielle98

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for burial record of Hilary Patricia de Vine Hoflin
« Reply #2 on: Monday 19 August 19 20:59 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much for your help. I’ll explore this further