Author Topic: Searching for early Frasers  (Read 730 times)

Offline ColDownUnder

• RootsChat Extra
  • Family, a reverse pyramidal plunge into the past
    • View Profile
Searching for early Frasers
« on: Thursday 29 August 19 22:00 BST (UK) »
Hi, am researching my paternal gggg grandparents John Fraser & Christian Forbes who were contracted & married in the parish church of Urquhart & Logie Wester 3/4/1795. He was a farmer from Feanhinch which I guess was the farm name because their son William born 17/3/1796 was born in the hamlet of Ferintosh as reported on censuses from the mid 1800s wen he was an adult living in Fife Keith..
Am having difficulty going on from there. The Old Parish Records from ScotlandsPeople  don't give the direction afforded by the Statutory Records. I'd appreciate any pointers to enable me to track John & Christian's births etc, thanks.
Cheers,
Col  :)
Fraser, Davidson, Gibson, Sutherland (Scot), Thompson/Thomson (E Sussex)

Offline Wendy2305

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for early Frasers
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 29 August 19 22:28 BST (UK) »
William 1796
Mary 1797
Janet 1801
Donald 1802
Margaret 1804
John 1806
Thomas 1808 father Fraser or Miller
Christy 1810
Kate 1813

Possibly the children of John and Christian all born Urquhart and Logie if they followed the naming pattern John's father William and mother Janet and Christian's Donald and Mary
Have you checked these baptism records for sponsors and especially Thomas with John recorded as Fraser or Miller May indicate John was illegitimate

Offline ColDownUnder

• RootsChat Extra
  • Family, a reverse pyramidal plunge into the past
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for early Frasers
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 29 August 19 23:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Wendy2305 & thanks for your reply.
Will go back to ScotlandsPeope later today & check along the lines you suggest. Bought William's record but no sponsor. Also bought marriage cert of John & Christian but no other details except mention of the locality Feanhinch.
Cheers,
Col  :)
Fraser, Davidson, Gibson, Sutherland (Scot), Thompson/Thomson (E Sussex)