Author Topic: Timeline  (Read 1325 times)

Offline Simon Mead

• RootsChat Member
  • Josiah and Ann MEAD. Long Marston, Herts c1874
    • View Profile
Timeline
« on: Monday 02 September 19 09:05 BST (UK) »
I have a particularly complicated ancestor who's life I want to plot to try and get a clear picture of his goings on.
Can anyone suggest/recommend any timeline software? I just want to plug in his birth and death dates and then fill all events in between the two.

Simon
Researching
WRIGHT of Buckinghamshire
HALL of Froxfield, Hampshire
MEAD of Long Marston, Hertfordshire
MUDD of Yorkshire/Lancashire
SCHMITT of London
JULIUS of Nußbaum, Bad Kreuznach, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
ENGEL of Nußbaum, Bad Kreuznach, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
PHILLIPS of Kent
GRANT of Dundee
PUNTER of Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Timeline
« Reply #1 on: Monday 02 September 19 09:40 BST (UK) »
Most genealogy software will give you a timeline of the facts that you add for a person.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline Mart 'n' Al

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 02 September 19 12:39 BST (UK) »
As long as you keep the dates regularly formatted you should be able to use just two columns of a spreadsheet. The dates would need to be YYYYMMDD, such as 18370131.

You could then use basic spreadsheet functionality to sort it or to insert extra rows.

Offline mcgachy

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 20 January 21 19:03 GMT (UK) »
I'm on the lookout for something similar and have come across a few interesting examples. I have a Wordpress site and was taken by this animation[/img]. https://themeforest.net/item/time-travel-timeline-wordpress-theme/6639517?ref=webdesigndev. But I really want to combine it with a map and a storyline element. So still looking