Author Topic: Brabazon Disney Shiels- One marriage entered in Catholic and COI??  (Read 8213 times)

Offline Suemagoo

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Brabazon Disney Shiels- One marriage entered in Catholic and COI??
« Reply #54 on: Saturday 07 September 19 20:16 BST (UK) »
Oh my gosh Hallmark, these ancestors are giving me a headache!!!!! This is what I started with, short and sweet like you requested.

1.Elizabeth Anne Sheils- my 3xGG
married 1838-James Hodson Bond
Parents listed: Brabazon Disney Sheils-4xGG and Rose Rooney
Source: irishgenealogy.ie (church records) COI

2. Martha Emily Sheils-sister
married 19 July 1858-John William Miller-bookeeper
Parents listed: above
Also: newspaper announcing marriage for above "youngest daughter of the late Brabazon Disney Sheils of Newtown Darver Co. Louth By 1858 my 4x GG is deceased?

3. Rosa Sheils-sister
married 22 January 1850- Richard Talboth- Dundalk, Co. Louth COI
Fathers: Brabazon Disney Sheils and Richard Talbot Sr.
Source: Select Irish marriages on-line, ancestry.

On Familysearch.org there is the marriage of Brabazon and Rose  11 March 1850 and it gives both the year of the birth as 1790?? which I thought strange.

The book "History of Kilsaran " viewed on-line from a link provided by the first person that helped me is was where I found  some info on Brabazon Disney Sheils. After that all the info on deeds, Ecclestons William, Henry, George etc. etc. jumping back to the 1700's just made my brain go to mush trying to understand the wording, writing of those documents, and who is who and how they fit into my 4x GG Brabazon's family.  I need a drink!!!!! This is too far advanced for me so I will email the National Library of Ireland per you suggestion and go from there.
Thank you Hallmark. You are my new best friend in this site!!!!! Cheers.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Saturday 07 September 19 20:44 BST (UK) »

This is what I meant by trying to follow them...

"Dowry" George Sheil's Death

GRRR.... found under ECCLESTON  who were Sheils, with Wiils of Wm and Henry mentioned!

George's widow ECCLESTON to SHEILS

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSJW-P98C-G?i=441&cat=185720

Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Saturday 07 September 19 21:06 BST (UK) »

She is down in Co Tipperary too with Tidalls... It's a long way to go!  ;D

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSJ4-Q9X1-F?i=370&cat=185720

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Saturday 07 September 19 22:03 BST (UK) »
Oh my gosh Hallmark, these ancestors are giving me a headache!!!!! This is what I started with, short and sweet like you requested.

1.Elizabeth Anne Sheils- my 3xGG
married 1838-James Hodson Bond
Parents listed: Brabazon Disney Sheils-4xGG and Rose Rooney

2. Martha Emily Sheils-sister
married 19 July 1858-John William Miller-bookeeper
Parents listed: above
Also: newspaper announcing marriage for above "youngest daughter of the late Brabazon Disney Sheils of Newtown Darver Co. Louth By 1858 my 4x GG is deceased?

3. Rosa Sheils-sister
married 22 January 1850- Richard Talboth- Dundalk, Co. Louth COI
Fathers: Brabazon Disney Sheils and Richard Talbot Sr.
Source: Select Irish marriages on-line, ancestry.

On Familysearch.org there is the marriage of Brabazon and Rose  11 March 1850 and it gives both the year of the birth as 1790?? which I thought strange.

The book "History of Kilsaran " viewed on-line from a link provided by the first person that helped me is was where I found  some info on Brabazon Disney Sheils. After that all the info on deeds, Ecclestons William, Henry, George etc. etc. jumping back to the 1700's just made my brain go to mush trying to understand the wording, writing of those documents, and who is who and how they fit into my 4x GG Brabazon's family.  I need a drink!!!!! This is too far advanced for me so I will email the National Library of Ireland per you suggestion and go from there.
Thank you Hallmark. You are my new best friend in this site!!!!! Cheers.

;D  ;D

That clears up what I was wondering!

He is George's son.  The Deeds are only to get names/relationships!!

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Saturday 07 September 19 22:27 BST (UK) »

My reading of this is that George's Lineage was investigated and it was confirmed that he was entitled to use the Crest, so you should get back 2 or 3 generations on Sheils. maybe more!

So..instead of driving you to drink I'll wait too until you hear from NLI....  8)

Offline iplittle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday 10 September 19 21:28 BST (UK) »
This is extremely interesting to me as I have been tracing my paternal line (Little) who were resident around mid-Louth and were neighbours at one point of B.D.Sheils.
Indeed my 4th great grandfather William Little and B.D.Shiels (and a Rooney, if I recall) were listed as having performed road maintenance in the area on the Louth Assize records which are on the Louth County Council website archives section.
I just saw the record mentioning that Sheils was associated with Drumshallon which is quite some kilometres south of NewtownDarver and Mansfieldstown where Littles and Sheils appeared to have been around the early 1800s. I am tracing an earlier Little who appears on title deed transfers as a mere witness and a transcription of a now completely faded headstone near Drumshallon. I am beginning to wonder if my Little ancestors came through those locations in Mid Louth due to an association with the Sheils.

Offline iplittle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday 10 September 19 22:56 BST (UK) »

Yes, interesting lot

Pedigree of Brabazon of Eastwell in Co. Leicestershire, Barons of Ardee, Earls of Meath, of Ballinasloe, and New Park, Co. Mayo, c.1066 -- 1829. has been done.

The Pedigree of Ecclestons has been done and is at Trinity College.

The Pedigree of the Disneys has been done.

Disneys of Stabannon, a review of an Anglo-Irish family from the time of Cromwell One folded family tree in pocket attached to inside back cover of book  ISBN: 0952590808

Copy of confirmation of arms to the descendants of the Rev. Brabazon Disney, D. D., Rector of Kilmore, Diocese of Armagh and to his grandson, the Very Rev. Brabazon William Disney, Dean of Armagh, son of Rev. Brabazon Disney, Rector of Slane in Co. Meath, May 25, 1861.
Dublin: National Library of Ireland, Genealogical Office: Ms.108, pp.370-1

Detailed abstracts of the wills of Jenny, later Brabazon, 1741 -- 1790. has been done.

The problem is the Sheils that Suemagoo is asking about.

The earlier Sheils are severly limited as their earlier Church records are severly lacking in detail...as is the one to Rose Rooney.

Offline Suemagoo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday 10 September 19 23:43 BST (UK) »
IpLittle  my 4x GG in everything I have found is named as Brabazon Disney Sheils. Sheils is the surname per his marriage record, daughters marriage record etc. I see people with the surname of Brabazon or Disney but my ancestor is First name Brabazon, middle name Disney , last name Sheils. He married Rose Rooney in 1850, Manfieldstown, Louth.
Hallmark provided documents I don’t fully understand per the handwriting and wording so I have emailed National Library of Ireland for help.
At some point Sheils name gets changed to Eccleston so trying to sort this out but very difficult.
As soon as I hear from NLI will advise. Fingers crossed.