Author Topic: Francis Henry Bayliss Fisher born 1899 Kings Norton  (Read 4259 times)

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Francis Henry Bayliss Fisher born 1899 Kings Norton
« Reply #72 on: Friday 20 December 19 17:29 GMT (UK) »
 :) OK not much more to find out, do you now agree Francis H B Fisher was illegitimate?
And why he was proud to possibly display the fact remains to be proven!
Would the registrar/ckerk have known if he had been shown his Father being either as Francis Fisher  or James Arthur Fisher
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Mansl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Joseph Haines
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Friday 20 December 19 17:35 GMT (UK) »
Yes I do believe he was illegitimate.

Its a pity he wasn't baptised because it would be interesting to see the father's name on that but I can't find one.

Alan.

Thanks Merry Christmas
Warwickshire-      Green, Mansell
Gloucestershire-   Mansell, Haines
Worcestershire-    Haynes, Simms
Oxfordshire-         Green. Hawkins
Leicestershire-      Kirby. Gee
North Shields-      Middlemiss, Haines, Faircloth

Offline Mansl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Joseph Haines
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Saturday 21 December 19 15:30 GMT (UK) »
I have now looked at that Hunt Tree on Ancestry and it says Charlotte went to live with an older man in Bearwood, Birmingham who owned a fruit and vegetable shop. So I now need to search 1901 census in Bearwood for a fruit and vegetable shop owner who has a Charlotte aged about 30 living with him maybe with his surname. It also says when Charlotte's sister Ruth died in 1951 Charlotte WAS 81. Does that mean she was still alive in 1951 or does it mean she would have been that age calculated from her birth year.

Alan
Warwickshire-      Green, Mansell
Gloucestershire-   Mansell, Haines
Worcestershire-    Haynes, Simms
Oxfordshire-         Green. Hawkins
Leicestershire-      Kirby. Gee
North Shields-      Middlemiss, Haines, Faircloth

Offline LaytonLily

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Thursday 25 June 20 08:21 BST (UK) »
My heart is racing !   Finding these entries - so excited I haven't read all of them.    I am a descendent of Joseph Hunt  born 1876 who was brother to Charlotte who married James Arthur Fisher in 1888.  I have looked for information on Francis Henry Bayliss Fisher for over 40 years !   Have lots of information on the family but nothing on Francis.  The Hunt tree mentioned would have been mine or the details given by me.   I would so love to communicate  on this !   (I must now read all the posts and calm down !)
ASTON, Birmingham : TWIST, B.ham: HUNT, B.ham: LAYTON, Worcestershire: LAYTON, B.ham: BISHOP, Leic.: TYSALL, B.ham: BURLEY,B.ham: SCOTT,B.ham: FISHER, B.ham : PRICHARD,Wales: BEARD,Worc. : SCHREDER, USA

Offline brigidmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Computer incompetent but stiil trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Thursday 25 June 20 11:23 BST (UK) »
I wonder when Charlotte left her husband ? She was legally still a Fisher in 1899 by naming her son
Francis Henry Baylis (, Fisher)
After the butcher's son.francis H Baylis maybe she had intention of claiming child benefits .
My great grandmother obtained an affiliation order for my grandma b1899 the named father agreed to pay a weekly allowance (DNA matches have since proved he was the biological father)

Did she return to using her maiden name while living with.the Birmingham grocer ?

Roberts,Fellman.Macdermid smith jones,Bloch,Irvine,Hallis Stevenson

Offline LaytonLily

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Thursday 25 June 20 12:00 BST (UK) »
I have sent a personal message to Mansl and we have been in e-mail contact.   

I get excited when I think I have made a great  contact discovery, but it often turns out they have no more than i have!     I was hoping to find out what happened to Charlotte but it appears that might not be an option here.    My father knew her and he said she left the family - i presume by 1901 as she is not with the Fisher family then  -  went to live with an old man (perhaps as his housekeeper ?) who had a fruit shop and dad would visit as a boy.  i have photos of Charlotte and dad's stories but nothing more for now.

This is such a great website, thank you to everyone who offers their help freely and generously.
ASTON, Birmingham : TWIST, B.ham: HUNT, B.ham: LAYTON, Worcestershire: LAYTON, B.ham: BISHOP, Leic.: TYSALL, B.ham: BURLEY,B.ham: SCOTT,B.ham: FISHER, B.ham : PRICHARD,Wales: BEARD,Worc. : SCHREDER, USA