Author Topic: Ellen Winifred Hedges b 1920 d 1931 Port Elizabeth South Africa  (Read 469 times)

Online candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ellen Winifred Hedges b 1920 d 1931 Port Elizabeth South Africa
« on: Friday 20 September 19 19:40 BST (UK) »
 My late mother, like many of her generation had penpals from all over the world from the late 1930’s onwards. After going through her papers I have found photos and information about some of these penpals. I have not found anyone actively researching the above named so post the information I have in case someone in the future comes looking.

Ellen Winifred Hedges was born 11 2 1920. she had 2 brothers Arthur and James and 2 sisters called Margaret Rose ka Peggy and Jean Marion.
Their father had served in WW1 and had had his left arm amputated after it. He died 27 3 1939. her mum died 2 5 1960.
Ellen was 5 ft 4 and a half inches tall and had light brown hair and hazel eyes. Her interests were dancing, cycling, sewing, theatre, reading, writing, letters, stamps, postcards, cigarette cards and films.
The address shown was PO Box 345, Port Elizabeth, South Africa. She died on 13 12 1961.
North East of England

Online *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Ellen Winifred Hedges b 1920 d 1931 Port Elizabeth South Africa
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 22 September 19 15:56 BST (UK) »

I received a message from the OP after starting to research a couple on USA thread.

I'm not researching the families I've posted about , simply putting the photos out there in case someone wants them. I didn't want to shred them without making effort to share the information
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada