Author Topic: Looking for the 1911 census record of Ellenor Stewart  (Read 811 times)

Offline apthorpea

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for the 1911 census record of Ellenor Stewart
« on: Sunday 22 September 19 17:45 BST (UK) »
I am looking for my great Aunt Ellenor (Ellen) Stewart (Stuart) record on the 1911 census,  born abt 1861 to Margaret Gourley of Gortin South, Parish of Clonleigh, Donegal and Charles Stewart of Drumclamph, Parish of Ardstraw, Tyrone. Her parents lived at Drumclamph from when they married on the 18 Nov 1846.
I haven't located Ellenor's  baptism certificate in RootsIreland I.E. (all her younger siblings birth/babtism  records are on this site) 
Ellenor's only child James
civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1883/02747/2009631.pdf
Father's details not mentioned on birth certificate. Mother, Ellen Stuart. James Stuart, born 18th July 1882 reg. by grandmother Margaret (Gourley) Stuart who was present at birth. James was born at the family farm in Drumclamph
Court Case - 11 Feb 1885  Stuart V Love, Margaret Stewart of Drumclamph brought an action against a farmer living at Twenny, Tyrone,  she had applied to recover damages for the alleged seduction of her daughter, damages which were granted.
In 1899 Probate of Margaret (Gourley) Stewart "Ellen Stewart the sun of £20.00 which she leant me since and a further sum of £20.00 as her portion of the farm aforesaid...……."
1901 census Ellenor Stewart age 40; sister; C of Ireland; birthplace Co Tyrone, Farmer's sister; can read and write  www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Tyrone/Magheracreggan/Drumclamph/1722541/

1903 James Stewart, takes his father's family name Love when he married Jane Gourley,

On 4 Mar 1905  James Love, her son's father passed away at Tievenny, Co Tyrone.

www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Tyrone/Castlederg/Steam_Mill_Row/851938/
James Love married to Jane Love and 3 children

Ellen Stewart died on  6 Feb 1927 at Churchtown, Castlederg, Tyrone, Northern Ireland.  Her daughter -in-Law Jane Love was present at her death.  Her address was Churchtown. (I can't find the link for this record of the cert I have) On her death certificate she is recorded as a Spinster and 73 years of age.

Above are all the records I have of Ellen Stewart,  I just cant find where she is living in 1911.

Thankyou so much for any information

Stewart, Reilly, Montgomery, Cheshire, Lyttle, Rankin, Apthorpe, Hart, Anderson,  Gourley

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for the 1911 census record of Ellenor Stewart
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 22 September 19 18:05 BST (UK) »
I am looking for my great Aunt Ellenor (Ellen) Stewart (Stuart) record on the 1911 census,  born abt 1861 to Margaret Gourley of Gortin South, Parish of Clonleigh, Donegal and Charles Stewart of Drumclamph, Parish of Ardstraw, Tyrone. Her parents lived at Drumclamph from when they married on the 18 Nov 1846.
I haven't located Ellenor's  baptism certificate in RootsIreland I.E. (all her younger siblings birth/babtism  records are on this site) 
Ellenor's only child James
civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1883/02747/2009631.pdf
Father's details not mentioned on birth certificate.

So who is Eliza Savage in Co. Kilkenny?

Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline apthorpea

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 September 19 20:01 BST (UK) »
No idea, I didn’t realise I linked the record. Sorry
Stewart, Reilly, Montgomery, Cheshire, Lyttle, Rankin, Apthorpe, Hart, Anderson,  Gourley

Offline apthorpea

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 22 September 19 20:15 BST (UK) »

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 22 September 19 22:23 BST (UK) »

I don't see her under this search or under Stuar* using

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/search/#searchmore

Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline apthorpea

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 23 September 19 16:32 BST (UK) »
I have spent many hours looking for Ellen on the 1911 census and I have not come up with anything. Perhaps the spelling of her name is so obscure that its just not possible to find it. On her death certificate. Her daughter-in-law added she was a Housekeeper.  One day I may come across it.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 23 September 19 17:27 BST (UK) »

I have spent many hours looking for Ellen on the 1911 census and I have not come up with anything. Perhaps the spelling of her name is so obscure that its just not possible to find it. On her death certificate. Her daughter-in-law added she was a Housekeeper.  One day I may come across it.

Quite a few townlands and urban streets have not been microfilmed and consequently are not on the census website.

See:
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=601757.0

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Online Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 23 September 19 20:36 BST (UK) »
In addition to the missing returns, there is the possibility that she wasn't in Ireland on census night. Perhaps she was in Scotland or England?
Elwyn