• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Re: Birth
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 25 September 19 14:50 BST (UK) »
Robert Hunt, 1st column: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article54778935

1934 C4545 Robert Hunt parents James and Hannah Frost

Jamjar

Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Andy Lewis

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 20 November 20 15:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Heather

I came across your post just now when I was doing a little research into my father's family. Very informative responses to your post and relevant to my search. Clara Sprague's sister Matilda Burrough (who she lived with for a while in Dalwood after Matilda married) was my great grandmother. Matilda had 14 children (7 boys and 7 girls) one of which was my grandmother Rose, who married my grandfather George Lewis and lived in Honiton, where I was born.

When I was doing some research a few years ago I came across an amazing newspaper report about Matilda receiving a letter from King George V congratulating her on having 5 of her sons fighting in the WW1. I'm not sure that would have been much consolation - she must have been worried sick!

Regards,  Andy Lewis

Offline Andy Lewis

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 20 November 20 15:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi again Heather

I just had a look through my files and seems I had more than I thought on this topic. As well as the newspaper article I mentioned in my previous post I've got two photos from Australia - one of Clara, husband Robert, brother James, and (I assume) son Herbert, and one of James and Robert on horseback. In the first, the boy looks about 5 so I guess it would have been taken around 1907. I think James is the one on the left and Robert is the one behind Clara. I think I may have got these from a relative who was compiling a family tree.  See attached.

Regards,  Andy