Author Topic: Margaret Davies Abergele 1885  (Read 1016 times)

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Davies Abergele 1885
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 25 September 19 20:24 BST (UK) »
I did not put the two together the gentleman who was having his children baptised in Patagonia once lived in Peel street Abergele so I was thinking there was a connection with the address the same as where Daniel lives but I think the date was too early I will check my records
At the moment I’m not putting John Davies brother of Daniel with having a connection with William Robert Owen and Margaret Davies

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 27 September 19 21:13 BST (UK) »
Hi again, any relation to the John Davies aged 28 b Abergele Married occ Minister from your other thread?
With a David & Jane Jones in 1881?
Census ref RG11/5301/14/39
Keyboard86

PS a lot more written after Minister but a smudge makes it unreadable ( to me at least )

So you are saying that their is no possible connection to Margaret of this John a possible brother of Daniel?
Keyboard86

When did all these Patagonian occurences with John Davies/Pierce Davies happen?

John Davies b 1853/4 Abergele was married to a Lizzie Davies ( possibly Morris ) he was married about 1881 and Lizzie Davies 32 b St Asaph in 1881 occ Wesleyan Ministers wife is with Lilian R ( Robertson ) Davies 0 and Mary Morris 67 Widow b St Asaph
Census ref RG11/5347/63/9
When/where did they marry if your John.
Keyboard86

PS Pierce must have been in Peel Street Abergele out of census years.
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 27 September 19 21:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Keyboard
Well my great aunt Margaret Davies born 1885 father Daniel Davies was still single in 1911 working for Issac Morris Abergele
There seems to be a lot of  Wesleyan Methodist’s in my Davies family and the John Davies that we’ve been chatting about would’ve been Margaret uncle
But the marriage I have found for a Margaret Davies in 1915 to William Robert Owen who was  A preacher seems to fit my great aunt except she saying that her father Daniel was deceased   On the wedding certificate but he was still very much alive in 1915
 The wedding took place in Colwyn bay which I believe is very near Abergele and the registrar so she cannot find any other Margaret Davies wedding certificate with the father Daniel hence my posting  asking how likely it is that a daughter would say her father is deceased
 I’m going to buy the certificate on Monday and just see if there are any other clues maybe in witnesses  that I can tie to my Margaret Davis 
   Such a complicated family having the same names living in the same place and  a couple of preachers thrown in lol

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 27 September 19 22:52 BST (UK) »
Hi I have followed Lilian R Davies from 1881 and in 1911 Dewsbury she is 30 b Ystaryfrien Single with her possibly remarried father John 58 b Abergele occ Weslyan Methodist Minister.
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 28 September 19 07:39 BST (UK) »
Thanks Keyboard86
Iv started a paper tree  for these new Davies I dare not claim them as mine Iv added them all in and will try and join up the dots before placing them on  Ancestry.
 Regards Val