Author Topic: I expect someone knows  (Read 4367 times)

Offline RGB

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: I expect someone knows
« Reply #27 on: Friday 11 October 19 08:59 BST (UK) »
Hi All,
Have two Aunties that I did not know about and it was you being so helpful that put me on the trail.
My Father was Arthur David Gurney know as Kenneth Nathaniel Butler after adoption.His maternal mother was Winifred Sophia Mary Gurney 1904-1988.
 Winifred had two more children which I believe are both deceased. I would love to know more about them.

Winifred is shown as having been the proprietor of a Wool Shop presumably in Croydon UK and I guess in the 1960s to 1980s.
I would love to know more and get some photos of close relatives I have never had the pleasure to meet. Any ideas or details anyone would like to uncover would be fantastic.

Thanks
Markham, Gurney, Grimwood

Offline Girl Guide

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 11 October 19 10:12 BST (UK) »
Have you thought about obtaining Margaret's death certificate?  I don't know what the criteria are for requesting recent death certificates.  You may or may not know the necessary information to order one.  Below is the website for details of contacting the registry office.

https://www.registryofficesnearme.com/item/llanelli-registration-office/

Whether the information on the death certificate will be helpful I couldn't say.
Ashford: Somerset, London
England: Devon, London, New Zealand
Holdway: Wiltshire
Hooper: Bristol, Somerset
Knowling: Devon, London
Southcott: Devon, China
Strong: Wiltshire
Watson: Cambridgeshire
White: Bristol
Windo - Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire

Offline whiteout7

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 11 October 19 10:15 BST (UK) »
My bright idea would be to send Margaret Dawn Stangi's funeral director a note to pass on to her NOK.

Or to send Margaret Dawn Stangi's Antioch Church a note to pass on to relatives

https://funeral-notices.co.uk/wales/death-notices/notice/stangi/4611585?photo=start

Doing an electoral roll search on GenesReunited.com throws up 4 Stangi's in the UK, some in London, not a common surname? Maybe they are Margaret's children (or at least one of them?)
Wemyss/Crombie/Laing/Blyth (West Wemyss)
Givens/Normand (Dysart)
Clark/Lister (Dysart)
Wilkinson/Simson (Kettle or Kettlehill)

Offline RGB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 11 October 19 11:33 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the information and help. I have spoken to the Undertakers and have agreed that I will send a note to be passed on to relatives. Its just as you suggested.
thank you
Off to Genes Reunited now for a closer look. Another website that I am unfamiliar with. My research prowess increases thanks to Roots chat.
Roger

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 11 October 19 11:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Roger...You need to remove the details of any living persons to protect their privacy, as it is against Rootschat Privacy Guidelines.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 11 October 19 11:45 BST (UK) »
You could try writing to the local newspaper for that area asking relatives to get in touch.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 11 October 19 19:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Roger...You need to remove the details of any living persons to protect their privacy, as it is against Rootschat Privacy Guidelines.
Carol
I also suggest removing names of recently deceased persons. I think that is in the guidelines too.
Cowban

Offline RGB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 11 October 19 21:28 BST (UK) »
thank you for this. I have revisited my post and trust thatI have done this now.
R