Author Topic: How can I gain access to my niece's DNA matches?  (Read 1021 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: How can I gain access to my niece's DNA matches?
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 28 September 19 13:28 BST (UK) »
According to the listing a Manage can Link test results to a Family Tree.  Maybe you have to unlink her small one and then link to the larger one.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 28 September 19 13:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Gadget (hopefully to the rescue yet again!)

I have managed to link my tree to her matches and, when you go into her profile, her tiny tree is still showing as well as an indication in her match that she has a linked tree. So, that bit went okay. Its me trying to add to her tiny tree that I'm not able to do. Perhaps its not included in what I can do as a manager. or perhaps I have to enter those details up onto my tree, which I don't want to do! Perhaps I'd have to create a new tree, just for her maternal side, and then link that to her matches?

Having said that, as my niece doesn't have a sub, she wouldn't be able to take advantage of her matches on that side of the family tree anyway so perhaps I'd just be wasting my time.
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 28 September 19 13:44 BST (UK) »
You'd need to be logged in to her to add to her tree but as she's not a subscriber any more, I don't think you can . Has she got a downloaded tree that you could then upload to your space, add to it from there and then link it to her again.

Just a thought but not sure  :-\
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 28 September 19 14:00 BST (UK) »
Thanks.

No, she won't have anything like that - she's barely interested, bless her.

I think I'll just concentrate on my side of her matches and leave it at that.

Thanks for the help and sorry to be so thick!  :-[
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.