Author Topic: Alice Edith Stewart  (Read 1719 times)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: Alice Edith Stewart
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 03 October 19 00:06 BST (UK) »
Marriage date 24 Jun 1865

Siblings for Alice Jnr. & other info...

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01oge/

Annie

South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 03 October 19 08:57 BST (UK) »
I wish Scotland’s People used an annual membership fee like the others, it is so much easier.
Don't we all. But it is a government agency and its fees are set by the Scottish government.

Just like the GRO for England and Wales, the GRONI for Northern Ireland, and the DIA for New Zealand, and all the corresponding government agencies in all the Australian states, and in many other countries, states, provinces etc.

At least SP is significantly cheaper than any of the other similar government agencies. 
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline flst

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 03 October 19 12:02 BST (UK) »
From the information that Rosinish has found you will be able to view the marriage certificate on scotlandspeople. I have found the family in the 1871 census living in Findlay's court, 60 Gallowgate, Aberdeen.( under STEWARD) George, 30, is a pressman printer, Alice is 27, & there is a George,4, & John, 2. I searched for the death of George snr. & think I may have found it. There is a George Morrison Stuart died in 1879 aged 38. The death is registered in St.Nicholas parish. Given that they had a son with the same middle name there is a high probability it is the correct George. Hope this helps,
flst
TAYLOR, COBBAN, SCOTT, PATERSON, BARCLAY,  DUNCAN, SKENE, SIM, WOOD, STEPHEN, ROSE,  CUMINE, MORISON, GERRARD, PYPER, ANDERSON,  FARQUHAR, BURNET, THOMSON, DAVIDSON, BIRNIE,  STRACHAN, DEY, GERRIE, ROBERTSON, FINNIE, WYLLIE,STEPHEN,WILLOX,MICHIE,MARR,BRUCE, CLUBB,SLESSOR,CLARK, SIMPSON,HEPBURN,SINCLAIR,BEEDIE,FOWLIE, CLYNE,FINDLATER, JOHNSTON,BROCKIE,PARK, WATT,MACKIE,WALKER,YEATS,THIRD, BURD,EWAN,ARTHUR,AUCKLAND, MURDOCH,LOW, IRVINE,CHALMERS,BOYES, LYON,SMITH,ADIE, WATSON - ALL N.E.SCOTLAND.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 03 October 19 12:09 BST (UK) »
Yes I wondered if they would take 8 or 9 months to register a child.
No. Not in the 1870s.

In Scotland, after 1855, a birth had to be registered within 21 days, and there was a fine for late registration, or if you got caught not registering a birth at all.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.