Author Topic: finding death certificate  (Read 4073 times)

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: finding death certificate
« Reply #27 on: Monday 21 October 19 19:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Carole
It is confusing. I've struck out the Barr there in that reply.
I think she is born and died Robina, married as Ruby. The Marwick is always there.
John

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 21 October 19 22:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Philip and welcome to Rootschat..Could this be him:

https://www.deceasedonline.com/servlet/GSDOSearch?DetsView=Summary&src=ext&fileid=452462

Carol

Hi Carol, I have a sub to deceased online and have just looked at the scan of the register for that burial. It says that Robert J Barr was 4 years old when he died on 7th May 1933.

Boo

Oh well done, that one can definitely be ruled out then.

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 21 October 19 22:25 BST (UK) »
Jon - It was an excellent find by you so take a bow for some fine detective work.  I did wonder why a girl from Birkenhead ended up marrying in Scotland but the names are so similar.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline whiffey1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 22 October 19 12:12 BST (UK) »
 I cannot thank you all for your help,  Firstly correct facts as we know about my Father. He was born 1919 shortly after Robert Jenkins Barr (Jenkins being his middle name and not double barrel) and Ruby Marwick Cowper Amer married in Maryhill Glasgow. We are not aware of any other children before marriage or after due to Census not being out until 2021.  My father was placed in Glasgow Barnardo Children's Home, whom we have contacted and are awaiting a reply, as to why and when he was placed there, he was not adopted but placed to work on a farm in Inverness. Robert Jenkins Barr was born 11th October 1892 in Shott Glasgow. Ruby was born 30th March  1898 district Kelvin Glasgow  her father William Amer her mother Davina Rose Amer nee Fraser was on both her birth and marriage certificates. I was unable to find a death certificate for Ruby Marwick Barr but found Robina Marwick Barr death in same area. I am awaiting her death certificate to see if correct person, her age ties in with being the same person, and looks like she never remarried. thank you all for your kindness in helping track down Robert Jenkins Barr  and Ruby (robina) Marwick Cowper Barr other children of my father. 

Offline whiffey1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 22 October 19 13:28 BST (UK) »
 We have just had reply from Barnardo's saying they have no record for my father James Barr in their home, he always maintained he did not know his mother and father and no names for them, only he remembered going on a train with two men and a woman and being taken somewhere, whether this was to Barnardos or to the farm in Inverness he cannot recall which one, but always insisted he was from Barnardos in Glasgow, which according to his birth certificate he definately was born there. Barnardos have recommended we try Quarriers.  We do know he was fostered with other boys to work the farm in Inverness for their keep, the owner of the farm was a single woman the boys called Auntie, she took good care of the boys as he said they were all clothed, shod and feed well, and attended school where he saw other children bare footed and in rags, but the foster boys were cared for although he said Auntie never shown any love towards the boys just the youngest one also called Jimmy, my father kept in touch with one of the boys who later married and moved to Edinburgh and I remember meeting visiting at my parents house, he now is deceased but my sister is trying to contact his wife (who is elderly). Its all becoming bit of a mystery how his father vanished, and now I do not know what happened to my father after his birth until his the only record is joining the RAF, which I have his national identity card for.  regards Phil

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 22 October 19 13:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Phil

Have you considered trying to obtain his service papers from WW2 (Air Force?). These records contained personal details that may help. See www.gov.uk/get-copy-military-service-records

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 22 October 19 13:57 BST (UK) »
There is a death of a possible sister showing on Scotlands People:

HENRIETTA LOUGH BARR
Age 59
Mother's maiden name AMER
605/ 461
Glasgow, Martha St

Three surnames show for her on the indexes:

Barr
Amer - could imply that father was not Robert Barr
Gilmour - married name?

Her birth is registered under both surnames in 1931 in Springburn, Lanark. She seems consistent with the use of the middle name of Lough.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 22 October 19 14:34 BST (UK) »
Have you asked scotlandspeople for the 1939 register entry for Robert Jenkins Barr - just to see if he is in the country or using a slightly different name?

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 22 October 19 17:12 BST (UK) »
Think we have her in 1949!
Rosina Barr at 607 Springfield Road (Glasgow Electoral Registers)
Wasn't there in 1948. Plenty of names
In 1953 Henrietta Gilmour and James Gilmour are among those other names at 607 Springfield.
All three still there in 1958

A move in 1959
2 Budden Street, S.E.
Loads of names here, including Robina Barr and the Gilmours, Henrietta and James.