Author Topic: Glenys baugh richard jones Derbyshire children born 1960 onwards  (Read 1539 times)

Offline samiejjones

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Glenys baugh richard jones Derbyshire children born 1960 onwards
« on: Wednesday 23 October 19 22:32 BST (UK) »
I believe I have an older subling, a boy I think.  I was born in 1967 in Nottingham prior to that my mother and father moved to Derby and married there.  Mum alway told me she was pregnant when dad married her but i always thought i was the elsest until recently Mum and dad had been married several years before me.  How can i find this sibling(s).  My parents are dead How do I find births for jones and baugh in derbyshire but no details to tell me what child was etc Why did they keep it secret from me, did the child not survive or given away for whatever reason Please can someone help me Parents names are Glenis Jones nee Miller birthname Baugh Father's name is (lyn) but normally deopped the lyn and used his other names Richard Gordon Jones Can anybody help me with this

Online PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Glenys baugh richard jones Derbyshire children born 1960 onwards
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 23 October 19 22:39 BST (UK) »
Sorry, no.
We do not publicly deal with the still living.

There are guides on how to use freebmd to trace candidate  siblings, using mmn.
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 24 October 19 00:22 BST (UK) »
As Pauline says, RootsChat is not for tracing living people. There is some guidance which I think you can find by selecting the "Help" tab.
Cowban

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 24 October 19 00:25 BST (UK) »
Please see www.rootschat.com/help/posting_guide.php

Please do not post requests asking for help to find (possibly) living relatives or friends.
RootsChat is a forum for searching for ancestors. Anything posted on the internet is in the public domain where anybody can see this information. To protect people and their identities we do not encourage the posting of information about people who are or maybe still living.
Even with permission from the subject of a post we would seriously advise against giving too much information as to betray their identity.
You can find some tips for searching for living people on these RootsChat topics:
RootsChat Topic: Searching for living relatives and Rootschat
RootsChat Topic: Tracing Living Relatives
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 24 October 19 07:01 BST (UK) »
There is a marriage between Lyn R G Jones and Glenys A Miller in March quarter 1965 in Derby:

https://www.freebmd.org.uk

Was your mother previously married to a Mr Miller? I am wondering if this child was a product of that marriage. If you enter maiden names and surnames into freebmd, you may find the child’s birth. You may need to try various combinations of surnames.

Offline Brentor boy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 24 October 19 08:10 BST (UK) »
Did your parents have any connection with South Wales?

Free BMD records the birth of a boy, of  appropriate parentage, mid 1965, in Monmouthshire.

Ruskie has explained how you can find the entry for yourself. If you think it is worth the gamble, you may purchase a copy of his birth certificate via the General Register Office site. (£11 for hard copy. PDF also available)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 24 October 19 09:34 BST (UK) »
Also on freebmd, this looks like Glenys’s first marriage, March quarter 1957 in Warrington district:
Glenys A Baugh and William Miller 10f 1724.

Offline Brentor boy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 24 October 19 09:39 BST (UK) »
Did your parents have any connection with South Wales?

Free BMD records the birth of a boy, of  appropriate parentage, mid 1965, in Monmouthshire.

Ruskie has explained how you can find the entry for yourself. If you think it is worth the gamble, you may purchase a copy of his birth certificate via the General Register Office site. (£11 for hard copy. PDF also available)

Correction. I think I may have  mis-guided you. I don't think PDF is available.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 24 October 19 09:44 BST (UK) »
There is also a birth in 1958 in Mansfield with Miller surname and  Baugh mother’s maiden name.

May be relevant if they married in Warrington district and moved to Derbyshire area.  :-\

Someone may know if there is a way to find out mother’s first name without buying the certificates, though I doubt that is possible ....

There is a male Jones mmn Miller birth registered in Derby in 1965. It is the only male birth in Derbyshire in the 60s with those parent’s surnames.