Author Topic: The elusive Emma PETERKIN & Florrie PRECIOUS !  (Read 2891 times)

Offline Mobo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Family History - the ultimate detective story
    • View Profile
Re: The elusive Emma PETERKIN & Florrie PRECIOUS !
« Reply #54 on: Friday 15 November 19 09:53 GMT (UK) »
Well folks, I now have the Birth Cert for Florrie PRECIOUS - born 12 Sept 1886 in Edmonton, Mother Fanny PRECIOUS (formerly SEELEY) and Father George PRECIOUS (a Carpenter). However, although I've traced him to a family in Attleborough in Norfolk ....I just can't find Florrie either living with her family, or with Henri Ferdinand Wenger PETERKIN on any of the Census Returns, (with the exception of one where she's 14, single and a Servant) and it's so frustrating.  She only seems to surface again on the 1939 Register with daughter Eva McNamara in Cookham, Berks.  I did find more PRECIOUS births on the GRO in Edmonton, with Mother's name variously spelled as Seelley, Sealey, Silly, but they've proved just as elusive.  ??? ??? ??? ???
BUCKLEY, Ches. & Lancs, DUNN, Ireland & Lancs. EDGSON, Rutland, Leics & Lancs. LYON, Lancs. McNULTY, Ireland & Lancs. MORRIS, Beds, Hunts & Lancs. SWARBRICK, Lancs. TURNER, Lancs. WILLIAMSON, Lancs.

All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Friday 15 November 19 13:03 GMT (UK) »
George and four of the children are in Friern Barnet in 1891.

RG12//1058/39 p 12

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:Q6DS-VMM

In 1881 he and Fanny are in Edmonton.

RG11/1391/52 p 7

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:Q27Z-N5QL

Debra  :)

Offline Mobo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Friday 15 November 19 16:16 GMT (UK) »
Thanks a lot Debra !  I'd already found those entries.  My problem is, not being able to find Florrie anywhere.  Ho hum !  Looks like I'll have to give up on this one. Drat !  Just the same, many thanks, yet again. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Anne
BUCKLEY, Ches. & Lancs, DUNN, Ireland & Lancs. EDGSON, Rutland, Leics & Lancs. LYON, Lancs. McNULTY, Ireland & Lancs. MORRIS, Beds, Hunts & Lancs. SWARBRICK, Lancs. TURNER, Lancs. WILLIAMSON, Lancs.

All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Friday 15 November 19 21:21 GMT (UK) »
George and four of the children are in Friern Barnet in 1891.

RG12//1058/39 p 12

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:Q6DS-VMM

She is with George in 1891, aged 5.

The earliest registered PETERKIN/PRECIOUS child that I can see was in the second quarter of 1912 so she may have been in a previous relationship in 1911.

Offline Mobo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Friday 15 November 19 21:55 GMT (UK) »

She is with George in 1891, aged 5.

The earliest registered PETERKIN/PRECIOUS child that I can see was in the second quarter of 1912 so she may have been in a previous relationship in 1911.

Wasn't too confident about the 1891 Census entry initially, because she's called Flora her father's  place of birth is shown as Friern Barnet. But expect it must be them.

As for the PETERKIN/PRECIOUS child, he was William George Henri Peterkin, born 18 Apr 1912 in St Pancras and was the eldest of four children she had with Louis (Ludwig) Wenger (Winger), who she never married.   

Many thanks again.
Anne    ::) ::) ::) ::)

Offline Michelle Munn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Thursday 31 March 22 19:24 BST (UK) »
hi  ii  believe i  am  related to  Emma  and Louis  as there  great  granddaughter.  we  believe that  my  grandfather  alexander Louis peterkin was  born  may  1919  in  brighton  at  a  canada military  hospital.  he  would  have  come  over to  canada  at  a  very young  age maybe only a  few months.  i  have  an  memoriam  card  for  Henri   saying  his  passed  october 3 1953 and  is interred  st  Pancras.