Author Topic: Why database searches go wrong  (Read 1378 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Why database searches go wrong
« Reply #9 on: Monday 11 November 19 22:40 GMT (UK) »
It can be operator error ... yes,  definitely ... my 40 year old nephew,  brilliant mind,  highly qualified,  PhD etc ... arrived back in Australia several days ago.  His sister collected him from Sydney airport and took him to her home,  near the Blue Mountains. 

Yesterday he was to travel by public transport to a University campus...  One bus... bus stop is on same road as his sister's home.  About a 45 minute ride.  sister wrote down with pen and paper the bus route number and the times the bus would be at bus stop.

So he is brilliant,  he decided to ignore hand wriiten note and instead he found APP to download. 

Short version .... he downloaded app for bus with same number ... but for a route in Lancs,  England ...  :)  and then wanted to tell his sister to update her records ....  lucky for him the Sydney NSW Australia bus route is busy and buses go past every 15 minutes.

::)  definitely operator error... my nephew's PhD has been beaten by my niece's scrap of paper !  We have a great talking point for our Sunday roast ...

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.