Author Topic: ancestry dna  (Read 1877 times)

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ancestry dna
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 19 November 19 08:34 GMT (UK) »
Until Monday the 25th

Black Friday is the 29th

The cynic in me says they are inducing people to buy now rather than wait till the sale day
Genealogy-Its a family thing

Paternal: Gibbins,McNamara, Jenkins, Schumann,  Inwood, Sheehan, Quinlan, Tierney, Cole

Maternal: Munn, Simpson , Brighton, Clayfield, Westmacott, Corbell, Hatherell, Blacksell/Blackstone, Boothey , Muirhead

Son: Bull, Kneebone, Lehmann, Cronin, Fowler, Yates, Biglands, Rix, Carpenter, Pethick, Carrick, Male, London, Jacka, Tilbrook, Scott, Hampshire, Buckley

Brickwalls-   Schumann, Simpson,Westmacott/Wennicot
Scott, Cronin
Gedmatch Kit : T812072

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 19 November 19 11:49 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for a good deal , its currently AUD$109 until 25/11

The Ancestry UK offer is only 'shippable' to British Isles and Channel Islands addresses.  Today's sterling exchange rate is A$1.90, so it's near enough the same offer in either currency.

Carol
OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 19 November 19 11:55 GMT (UK) »
Until Monday the 25th

Black Friday is the 29th

The cynic in me says they are inducing people to buy now rather than wait till the sale day

You may get a small additional discount if you wait or you may not. Nobody knows until it happens. The downside of waiting for Black Friday is that you then get caught up in the high volume of kits being processed in the Black Friday and Christmas rush so you may have to wait longer for your results to come through  :)
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 05 December 19 19:43 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for a good deal , its currently AUD$109 until 25/11

I am hoping and expect a significant reduction on Black Friday - would that be correct?

Quote from: craclyn
You may get a small additional discount if you wait or you may not. Nobody knows until it happens. The downside of waiting for Black Friday is that you then get caught up in the high volume of kits being processed in the Black Friday and Christmas rush so you may have to wait longer for your results to come through

I ended up paying $88AUD + $30 shipping -my cynicism was correct

Received the kit from an Australian shipper within the week , will spit  and post tomorrow.

I wont expect any results until the end of January which I am looking forward to - now to look at subscription deals  ::)

Paternal: Gibbins,McNamara, Jenkins, Schumann,  Inwood, Sheehan, Quinlan, Tierney, Cole

Maternal: Munn, Simpson , Brighton, Clayfield, Westmacott, Corbell, Hatherell, Blacksell/Blackstone, Boothey , Muirhead

Son: Bull, Kneebone, Lehmann, Cronin, Fowler, Yates, Biglands, Rix, Carpenter, Pethick, Carrick, Male, London, Jacka, Tilbrook, Scott, Hampshire, Buckley

Scott, Cronin

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 20 January 20 11:23 GMT (UK) »
Results yesterday 19/1

Quite happy and appreciate the speed over the Christmas holiday period.

Now to sort through the wonderful names. I like the layout and set up. Seems very functional and easy to navigate

But as to the original question - if I want any more information on links I get the Join page

Scott, Cronin

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 20 January 20 13:07 GMT (UK) »
Your match list and basic information about each match are covered by the fee you paid for your DNA test. If you want to view the full trees for your matches then you have to subscribe for access to that service.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn