Author Topic: Hutchison Family  (Read 4717 times)

Offline munchkin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Hutchison Family
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 02 April 06 23:47 BST (UK) »
Thanks Aye Right any help would be great......i have as far back as whats on here no further.regards Wendy.
Hutchison, Colley, Aitken, Smith, Winship, Johnson. Douthwaite, Towse, Atkinson. Lyon, Cooper, Clark, Matthews, Creaser, Rudd, Shepherdson and Craven

Offline Clare Fowler

• RootsChat Veteran
  • www.clarefowler.co.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 03 April 06 07:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Aye Right,

I am researching the Hutchison family of John Hutchison and Jean Peggie who had at least 10 children in Dunbarney, Perthshire between 1832 and 1851.  The  name Alexander seems to permeate through the family, which is why I was wondering if there was a (slim) chance of a connection.  The family does seem to split up and move a little with evidence of living in Fife, Stirlingshire and Glasgow at various points, as well as remaining in Perth.

Cheers,
Clare
ELLIOT, CROZIER, HAY, AITCHISON, COWAN - Roxburghshire
BETT - Kinross-shire, Fife and Glasgow
CHAMBERS, BRUFF, WESTMACOTT - Glasgow
And many, many more...

Offline Aye Right

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 24 April 06 22:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Clare

I have emailed munchkin with my Hutchison info and there is a definite connection.  I will forward it on to you too if you could PM me with an email address as it is over 5000 characters and thats the limit on a PM here.  After reading my information and re-reading your posts, I am not sure that we are looking at the same family but perhaps if you trace far enough back there maybe a connection.

Kind regards.

Aye Right
COATES & JONES - Shropshire & Liverpool pre 1880<br />WILLIAMSON & MCCRACKEN- Armagh, Northern Ireland pre 1881<br />HAYNES & ROWLANDS - Shropshire pre 1880
HUTCHISON - Perthshire pre 1880
WATT - Aberdeenshire pre 1880

Offline lh_humble

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 12 February 24 22:01 GMT (UK) »
Hello folks. My maiden name is Hutchison and my search for info on Maitland Hutchison has brought me up this site. My great granda was called Maitland Hutchison and my granda was Alexander. Alexander was born in Glasgow in 1910 and I know he had an older sister called Matilda. They lived at 32 fauldhouse street. Alexander (known as Sanny) had a brother called Maitland too.