Author Topic: Rose GODFREY, born 20th April 1880 at Aylesbury.  (Read 687 times)

Offline Heatha

• RootsChat Senior
  • Best friend
    • View Profile
Rose GODFREY, born 20th April 1880 at Aylesbury.
« on: Saturday 30 November 19 12:07 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone come up with a bright idea on this one, please ?

Rose Godfrey was born in Aylesbury on 20th April 1880 at Aylesbury. She was the daughter of George Godfrey and Elizabeth Margaret Godfrey, née Simms. She was baptised at St Mary's on 8th February 1857. The Godfrey family were slow to baptise their offspring !

She appears at home in 1881 and 1901 and in 1891 she is in Luton with her mother visiting Mr and Mrs Pope at 18 Cardigan Street.

In the 1911 census she is no longer at home. She married in the fourth quarter of 1910 in the Aylesbury registration district.

On the same page there are only two other names. These are William Chapman and Annie E Eeles. Of course, I may well be wrong, but I think these two married each other and I can find them in the 1911 census.

So who did Rose marry and why cannot I find her in 1911 ?

Having married late in 1910 she and her husband would not have completed any full years of marriage so the entry in that column should be 'under one'.

As she is a fairly distant relative I do not wish to pay for a marriage certificate unless I absolutely have to.

Any ideas will be gratefully received. I have spent many hours searching to no avail. Those of you who have helped me in the past will now know how difficult some of my Simms ancestors and their descendants can be !

LAY - HAM, BKM
SARGENT - SFK
THAIN - NFK, SFK, YKS
DEAN - YKS
WAGER- YKS
HARRIS - BKM
SIMMS - BKM
and lots more besides

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rose GODFREY, born 20th April 1880 at Aylesbury.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 30 November 19 12:18 GMT (UK) »
She married Arthur Herbert Berrett

In 1911 they are living in Aylesbury, married under one year.
RG14PN7932 RG78PN398 RD146 SD2 ED5 SN519

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline Heatha

• RootsChat Senior
  • Best friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 30 November 19 12:32 GMT (UK) »
Thank you. I have searched again and still cannot find them. Would it be possible to let me have the street address. My family history search facility will not accept RG14PN7932 RG78PN398 RD146 SD2 ED5 SN519 !
LAY - HAM, BKM
SARGENT - SFK
THAIN - NFK, SFK, YKS
DEAN - YKS
WAGER- YKS
HARRIS - BKM
SIMMS - BKM
and lots more besides

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 30 November 19 12:54 GMT (UK) »
24 Kings Road
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline Heatha

• RootsChat Senior
  • Best friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 30 November 19 13:19 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much. The page isn't indexed in A******y which explains why it isn't coming up in a search. Using the street address meant I found in quite quickly. Otherwise it would have been a slow process to go through all 1071 pages in the enumeration district.
LAY - HAM, BKM
SARGENT - SFK
THAIN - NFK, SFK, YKS
DEAN - YKS
WAGER- YKS
HARRIS - BKM
SIMMS - BKM
and lots more besides

Offline cuffie81

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 01 December 19 19:00 GMT (UK) »
In case you don't have this...

Luton News and Bedfordshire Chronicle
29 Mar 1917
Luton
Sad Death
On Tuesday the death took place at 293, High Town-road, the residence of her mother, of Mrs Rose Berrett, of Aylesbury, wife of Sergt. Major Arthur Berrett, of the Bucks Regiment, who is home on leave from France. Mrs Berrett, who was 36 years of age, died from heart trouble, from which she had long been suffering. She had been in bed since last August, when she was taken ill on a visit to her mother here. The body will be interred in the family vault at the General Cemetery on Saturday.
Anderson Banks Beard Brewer Caves Clarke Clinch Cooling Cuff Denton Gamble Gibson Gunn Hunt Mills Muncey Norris Notzke Reid Robinson Searle Smith Trundle Turner Weedon Wells Wilson

Offline Heatha

• RootsChat Senior
  • Best friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 02 December 19 07:08 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much. I had missed that one myself.
LAY - HAM, BKM
SARGENT - SFK
THAIN - NFK, SFK, YKS
DEAN - YKS
WAGER- YKS
HARRIS - BKM
SIMMS - BKM
and lots more besides