Author Topic: Servicemen’s Settlement & Land Sales Act 1943 - Land Valuation files on Archway  (Read 1120 times)

Offline Fresh Fields

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • If only they could talk !
    • View Profile
Advisory.

I find the files listed on an ARCHWAY “New Zealand National Archives” search as:-

“Land Valuation Files – Application for consent to sale”
to be VERY informative and recommend that you don’t overlook/dismiss them in your research, but endeavour to obtain copies. Forewarned, upon request, the looker-upper can take copies of the detailed valuations etc, and leave the general supporting correspondence.

The files each contain some 20 to 30 pages of correspondence, and reports, supporting an application to the Court, to allow for a land sale agreement to proceed.

They are detailed enough to give depth and meaning to the heritage of your ancestors in that time period, and that location. If located at the Auckland branch, I might be able to look them up. I don’t believe digital copies will be available, on line, any time soon.

Some clippings attached, to illustrate the range of info to be found therein.

Happy hunting.

Alan.

Moderator edit, 12 Jan 2020: topic title altered to better reflect content, and topic moved to NZ Resources & Offers.
Early Settlers & Heritage. Family History.

Offline Fresh Fields

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • If only they could talk !
    • View Profile
Re: Advisory:- SERVICEMEN’S SETTLEMENT & LAND SALES ACT 1943.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 07 December 19 01:03 GMT (UK) »
But WAIT there is more ! (catch phrase from our TV adds)

Alan.
Early Settlers & Heritage. Family History.