Author Topic: John Joseph Ikin, Winsford; Marriage and Probate  (Read 1133 times)

Offline Talacharn

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: John Joseph Ikin, Winsford; Marriage and Probate
« Reply #9 on: Friday 03 January 20 17:04 GMT (UK) »
Thanks chempat,
Interesting. I do not know for sure if they married, it was assumed by the family, but the main issue was; that she was left all of his money. Either way, I am sure there would be a Will. She was a similar age to my great-uncle, born 1910. I don't know how you found that Will, naming her as Ikin when I cannot find a marriage, unless she married an Ikin previously. She had been married before. Thanks for the information, I will look at the previous marriage.

Offline Talacharn

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 04 January 20 22:00 GMT (UK) »
I found these on Family Search:
Birth: Constance Catherine Mills
Jan-Mar 1910 . Patrington, Yorkshire
Volume: 9D . Page: 332 . Line Number: 326

Birth: Catherine Constance Nicholson
Apr-Jun 1910 . Liverpool, Lancashire
Volume: 8B . Page: 3 . Line Number: 132

Birth: Catherine Constance O'Neill
Jan-Mar 1911 . Dundalk, Ireland
Volume Number: 2
GS Film: 101074 . Digital Folder: 004194693 . Image Number: 00066

Liverpool triggers something in me, but I cannot find anything further. If she were Irish, I feel it would have been mentioned. I am sure Constance married before, but there is nothing linked to John Joseph (Jack) Ikin or anyone else.

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 04 January 20 23:35 GMT (UK) »
The will costs £1.50 - it would save having to speculate and give you some facts to work with.

Once we got my husband's grandfather's and greatgrandfather's wills, the names and dates started to make sense.

Offline Talacharn

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 05 January 20 10:33 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Although I use the GOV.UK to look for Probate, I was not aware you could register and view. I have now registered, bought access to the Will and waiting for confirmation to view.

Offline Talacharn

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 07 January 20 12:18 GMT (UK) »
The estimated arrival to view the will is 20th January.

I have already established Constance C W O'Neill (b.1910) from Dundalk, Co Louth, Ireland could not be the right person. I traced her employment as nurse and midwife in Ireland and then in England. She married Edward Henry Ikin (b.1899) in North Shropshire where they both lived. He died in Jul-Sep 1985 and she died in Jan-Mar 1997. In the 1939 Register, Constance is living at Woodbine Cottage, Wem. He was born and living at Wem, then both lived there while married.

My great-uncle Jack (John Joseph Ikin) died in 1980 and I assumed he married Constance during the mid-1970s; though accept they may not have actually married.

Offline Talacharn

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 03 February 20 12:02 GMT (UK) »
It took some time for it to be delivered, but the Will of Jack Ikin named
Constance Annie May Hollinshead of 134 Crook Lane, Winsford (around the corner from his home) to whom he gave all of his estate. I declare this Will to be made in contemplation of my marriage with Constance Annie May Hollinshead. There ends my search and this section of my family tree and this post can be closed. Thanks for your help.