Author Topic: Did Edward Rowlett marry again?  (Read 1308 times)

Offline redroy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Did Edward Rowlett marry again?
« Reply #18 on: Monday 13 January 20 13:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I have the marriage certificate for Edward Rowlett and Elizabeth Housden.  It states Edward is a widower and Elizabeth is a spinster so a previous married name is ruled out. Also Edward and Elizabeth Housden are married in March 1840 and Edward Rowlett and Elizabeth Hammington were married in the April May June Quarter of 1840.  As Elizabeth Housden is listed as the mother on all of the children's birth records have her listed as their mother.  I have been wondering if Elizabeth Hammington might not be marrying a different Edward Rowlett! I am the great great great grandaughter of Edward and Elizabeth Housden through their daughter Ellen/Eleanor Rowlett.

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 13 January 20 15:08 GMT (UK) »
I have been wondering if Elizabeth Hammington might not be marrying a different Edward Rowlett!

Elizabeth Hammington didn’t marry Edward Rowlett at all. They are a red herring for the purposes of this thread, but just to clear them up I looked at FreeREG, and they pair up as follows:

Edward Rowlett marr Eleanor Ringham, 27 Apr 1840 St Guthlac’s, Crowland, Lincs

Elizabeth Hammington marr Charles Frisby, 25 May 1840 St Guthlac’s, Crowland, Lincs

All four of these individuals are among the eight names listed under the registration ref Jun qtr 1840 Peterborough 15 495.
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline harrygeorge1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 15 January 20 14:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I have the marriage certificate for Edward Rowlett and Elizabeth Housden.  It states Edward is a widower and Elizabeth is a spinster so a previous married name is ruled out. Also Edward and Elizabeth Housden are married in March 1840 and Edward Rowlett and Elizabeth Hammington were married in the April May June Quarter of 1840.  As Elizabeth Housden is listed as the mother on all of the children's birth records have her listed as their mother.  I have been wondering if Elizabeth Hammington might not be marrying a different Edward Rowlett! I am the great great great grandaughter of Edward and Elizabeth Housden through their daughter Ellen/Eleanor Rowlett.

Hi, my husband is the great great great grandson of Edward and Elizabeth through their son James.
Do you know who Edward married 1st, to make him a widow?
please feel free to message me.

Andrea
Haynes,Cobb,Welcher,Cox, Buck, Hipwell, Crunckhorn, Searle, Gilbert, (cambs),Lakey,Lavender,Merrington,Rolfe,Larkman (welney), Bell (docking),Haigh, Heselgrove,Bastow,Price,(yorks), Hipperson, Sadler.