Author Topic: Soho Park Rd, Birmingham  (Read 1425 times)

Offline Ratty2

• RootsChat Senior
  • Burg Crest Schleswig-Holstein
    • View Profile
Re: Soho Park Rd, Birmingham
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 12 March 20 23:54 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Stefan. Appreciate your comments. I'll get back to you next week when I have access to my laptop. Cheers David
Schleswig-Holstein:- Rathgen; Rathjen; Oelkers; Behnke; Scheel; Rothgarn; Normanns; Scotland:- Lindsay

Offline barryd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 13 March 20 01:02 GMT (UK) »

Offline Ratty2

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 13 March 20 05:49 GMT (UK) »
Not quite what I imagined for 1890 or so. Rather hoping for an advert or similar showing Withers for Rope and Brushes. But with gunfire and a century later that might be expecting too much.
Cheers anyway And thanks for the thought.
David
Schleswig-Holstein:- Rathgen; Rathjen; Oelkers; Behnke; Scheel; Rothgarn; Normanns; Scotland:- Lindsay

Offline Ratty2

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 13 March 20 18:37 GMT (UK) »
In the 1889 advertisement for the sale of Granville house,  I see the address is given as "Park Avenue, Soho Park".
Somebody has since changed street names and localities. Today it is the A41. (I guess)

Offline Ratty2

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 15 September 22 06:11 BST (UK) »
In his Will (1888) Edwin said "The Will with a Codicil of Edwin Withers Late of Granville House Soho Rd Handsworth"
I have now mislaid the references to locate the Last Will and Testament of Edwin Withers Granville House, Soho, Park, Staffordshire; 31 August 1888; Proven 16 April 1889 at Lichfield.

I have the Index reference [1889 16 April Principal Probate Registry. Calendar of Grants of Probate and Letters of Administration made in the Probate Registries of the High Court of Justice in England, London. National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administration) 1858-1995]  but not where I obtained a copy of the original.

I have a copy of the original in full, but not the reference code to locate it.

Your assistance would be appreciated.