Author Topic: James Augustus Fry - Hull Western Cemetery 1922  (Read 1145 times)

Offline Jonathan Fry

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James Augustus Fry - Hull Western Cemetery 1922
« on: Tuesday 17 December 19 21:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi and thanks for reading my post.

I'm trying to locate the grave of my great grandfather James Augustus Fry. James died on the 23rd March 1922 and a notice in the Hull Daily Mail on the 27th March 1922 stated he was to be interred in the Hull Western Cemetery, possibly on that date.

Does anyone have access to any information which may help me to locate his grave or at least the area he is buried in so I can visit his grave.

Thanks,
Jonathan Fry.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: James Augustus Fry - Hull Western Cemetery 1922
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 17 December 19 22:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jonathan and welcome to RootsChat, if you google the "Hull City Council Bereavement Services" there is a link to Western Cemetery and contact details, as you have the date of death, they should be able to give you a plot number and email you a plan of the cemetery.

http://www.hull.gov.uk/communities-and-living/births-and-deaths/bereavement-services

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Jonathan Fry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 18 December 19 19:27 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Carol. I messaged them at lunchtime and had a reply with James' grave location within a couple of hours. Fantastic, we can now head down to the cemetery at the weekend and have a closer look.

Online jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 18 December 19 21:17 GMT (UK) »
a reply with James' grave location within a couple of hours.

Compartment 545 Grave 52607
Cause of Death Senile Decay

Undertakers appear to be S Robinson & Sons, 424 Hessle Road. Still there!

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 18 December 19 22:25 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Carol. I messaged them at lunchtime and had a reply with James' grave location within a couple of hours. Fantastic, we can now head down to the cemetery at the weekend and have a closer look.

Aw that's great Jonathan, so pleased for you  ;) Great additional info from Jon too  :D
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline Jonathan Fry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 19 December 19 20:59 GMT (UK) »
a reply with James' grave location within a couple of hours.

Compartment 545 Grave 52607
Cause of Death Senile Decay

Undertakers appear to be S Robinson & Sons, 424 Hessle Road. Still there!

Thank you very much Jon. We're going on Sunday to have a look. I'm not expecting to find a headstone but it will be nice to see where he's been resting for nearly 100 years.  I don't suppose your information indicated whether his wife Mary Ann Fry who died on 23rd February 1930 is buried in the same grave?

Thanks again,
Jon.

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 20 December 19 02:21 GMT (UK) »
As Jon is offline I hope he doesn't mind me answering.

Mary Ann is buried in Compartment 351, Grave 33961.  Died of Heart Failure

Details here: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-996P-DQL9?i=149&cat=702378
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline Jonathan Fry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 20 December 19 13:26 GMT (UK) »
As Jon is offline I hope he doesn't mind me answering.

Mary Ann is buried in Compartment 351, Grave 33961.  Died of Heart Failure

Details here: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-996P-DQL9?i=149&cat=702378

Thank you very much Jomot. I didn't realise these records were available on FamilySearch. You've just given us another target for Sunday's trip to the cemetery which is brilliant.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 23 December 19 23:01 GMT (UK) »
Hope your visit was successful Jonathan  ;D
Carol