Author Topic: Re: Can you help with this kelly family  (Read 908 times)

Offline kieran257

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Can you help with this kelly family
« on: Saturday 21 December 19 20:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,

Can anyone help me lookup the marriage of Michael Kelly to Elizabeth Hagan in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Marriage Index, 1885-1951 Name   
Michael Kelly born 1882?
Spouse   
Elizabeth Hagan born 1884
Marriage   
year city Philadelphia Pennsylvania United States

Also can anyone find them in the census for me was Michael born in Philadelphia?

Thanks for all your help it is very much appreciated

Kieran

Elizabeth and Michael was from Draperstown, Co Derry

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 21 December 19 21:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,
Can anyone help me lookup the marriage of Michael Kelly to Elizabeth Hagan in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Marriage Index, 1885-1951 Name   
Michael Kelly
Spouse   
Elizabeth Hagan
Marriage   
year city Philadelphia Pennsylvania United States
Also can anyone find them in the census for me was Michael born in Philadelphia?
Thanks for all your help it is very much appreciated
Kieran
Elizabeth and Michael was from Draperstown, Co Derry

You haven't included year of marriage or given any indication of when Michael and wife Elizabeth might have been born. If Michael was born in Draperstown [County Londonderry, Ireland] then why are you asking if he was born in Philadelphia?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 21 December 19 21:22 GMT (UK) »
The index is free on familysearch.org.  It says that they married in 1907 and the license number was 214114.  That's all the information on there. 

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 21 December 19 21:27 GMT (UK) »
The image of the license can be seen here - https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HT-67W9-KYS?i=53&wc=QDNG-MP8%3A1588753668%2C1588753875&cc=2466357  It says they were both born in Ireland.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 21 December 19 21:27 GMT (UK) »
The index is free on familysearch.org.  It says that they married in 1907 and the license number was 214114.  That's all the information on there. 

Then that just leaves the rest of my questions-
You haven't included year of marriage or given any indication of when Michael and wife Elizabeth might have been born. If Michael was born in Draperstown [County Londonderry, Ireland] then why are you asking if he was born in Philadelphia?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline kieran257

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 21 December 19 21:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,

Thank you for all your help.  Not sure where Michael Kelly was born ?  They had sons John and Joseph who is believed to have been born in America a daughter Mary Bridget too

Thanks for all your help

Kieran

Offline kieran257

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 22 December 19 23:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,
I have updated the dates of possible years of birth so is it now possible to find Michael and Elizabeth in the Census 1910, 1920, 1930 as it might help find Michael's parents and his brothers and sisters.

Michael and Elizabeth both died back in Northern Ireland so have the deaths for them already

Thanks for all your help it is very much appreciated.

Kieran

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 23 December 19 04:18 GMT (UK) »
There's a significant amount of detail on the marriage license I linked to above.  It says that Michael was born Derry, Ireland on 25 Apr. 1883 and resides at 116 38th St., Pittsburgh, Pa.  He was a machinist and never married before.  It says Elizabeth was born in Ireland on 17 Mar. 1884 and resides at 3533 Mt. Vernon St., West Philadelphia.  She was a servant and never married before. 

There is a birth record for Mary Eliz. Kelly (mistranscribed as Delly) born 7 Jul 1910 in Pittsburgh to Michael Kelly & Elizabeth Hagan.  Both parents born Ireland, and Michael was a machinist.  Their residence was 181 Lodie Av.  Michael was 28 at his last birthday, and Elizabeth 26.  This was Elizabeth's second child.

Mary Kelly with the same birthdate, address, and parents died 9 Dec 1910 in Pittsburgh.  She was buried in St. Mary's cemetery.

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 23 December 19 04:25 GMT (UK) »
Their 3rd child was Michael Joseph Kelly was born in 1911 in Pittsburgh.  Date of birth appears faded out, but the certificate was filed by the doctor on 24 Nov. 1911.  They were living at 181 Lodi ave.