Author Topic: TATE - United Reformed/Congregational Burials, Knottingley  (Read 402 times)

Offline yorkierose

• RootsChat Member
  • "I come from a long line of dead people"
    • View Profile
TATE - United Reformed/Congregational Burials, Knottingley
« on: Friday 27 December 19 13:30 GMT (UK) »
I'm looking for the date of burial for Richard Tate, died 3 Dec 1863 and also his wife, died 10 Sep 1900, if anyone has access to those burial registers please?  TIA.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br /><br />Addy/Addey, Agar, Tate, Heald, Hobman, Battle, Cawood, Thompson, Wilkes, Lucas, Evans, Foskette/Foxcotte/Foscott (Mainly Yorkshire, Staffordshire & Buckinghamshire)

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: TATE - United Reformed/Congregational Burials, Knottingley
« Reply #1 on: Friday 27 December 19 14:00 GMT (UK) »
He is actually on the 'Find a Grave' website. If you have access to Ancestry you can go to that site via Ancestry. Maybe you have already seen this as it doesn't give a date for the burial, which is what you requested.

Someone has added other family members, but they seem to be buried in the cemetery at Knottingley as opposed to the Churchyard.

Martha 1900?
Mary Jane Taylor Tate 1908
Brian Tate - mystery - says aged 39 in cemetery register, but that differs from a birth and death year entered by someone.

Places of interest;
Lancashire, West Yorkshire, Southern Ireland, Scotland.

Offline yorkierose

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 27 December 19 15:24 GMT (UK) »
Yes, thank you I have seen this entry and I added the other family members to the findagrave site.  It is actually the burial date I am seeking as I don't have the registers for that particular burial ground myself.

He is actually on the 'Find a Grave' website. If you have access to Ancestry you can go to that site via Ancestry. Maybe you have already seen this as it doesn't give a date for the burial, which is what you requested.

Someone has added other family members, but they seem to be buried in the cemetery at Knottingley as opposed to the Churchyard.

Martha 1900?
Mary Jane Taylor Tate 1908
Brian Tate - mystery - says aged 39 in cemetery register, but that differs from a birth and death year entered by someone.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br /><br />Addy/Addey, Agar, Tate, Heald, Hobman, Battle, Cawood, Thompson, Wilkes, Lucas, Evans, Foskette/Foxcotte/Foscott (Mainly Yorkshire, Staffordshire & Buckinghamshire)

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 27 December 19 15:41 GMT (UK) »
Ah sorry Yorkshirerose. It did cross my mind that you may have entered the additions.

The registers don't seem to be amongst the West Yorks non-conformist on Ancestry, nor the non-conformist registers on The Genealogist or Family Search. How frustrating.

Sorry not to be able to help.
Places of interest;
Lancashire, West Yorkshire, Southern Ireland, Scotland.

Offline yorkierose

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 27 December 19 16:13 GMT (UK) »
I know, they're not on findmypast either :(   Thank you anyway!

Ah sorry Yorkshirerose. It did cross my mind that you may have entered the additions.

The registers don't seem to be amongst the West Yorks non-conformist on Ancestry, nor the non-conformist registers on The Genealogist or Family Search. How frustrating.

Sorry not to be able to help.

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 27 December 19 20:56 GMT (UK) »
Suggest that you contact West Yorkshire Archives to see if the registers have been deposited.
https://www.wyjs.org.uk/archive-service/

Unfortunately non-conformists were not obliged to deposit their records.
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline plk74

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 30 December 19 16:41 GMT (UK) »
If the registers are not at West Yorkshire Archives, try Wakefield Council.  Knottingley comes under their control.