Author Topic: Banks hints  (Read 505 times)

Offline craigashton68

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Banks hints
« on: Sunday 29 December 19 16:49 GMT (UK) »
Thomas H Banks was my grandfather who passed away when i was very young, I have very little info on him and would love to try and get at least one photo of him.. i am really trying to track down some of my long lost cousins who might have something.  As Ronald Banks was the last surviving child of Thomas I'm clutching at straws that his side of the family might have some info/photos of my grandparents. Any help to point in the right direction would be great.
Thank you
Craig
Ashton, Brown, Fox, Chamberlain, Peet, Banks

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Banks hints
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 29 December 19 16:54 GMT (UK) »
Craig, you need to remove the photos and details of any living people as it contravenes Rootschat privacy rules in order to protect their privacy.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline craigashton68

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 30 December 19 17:02 GMT (UK) »
ok i have removed the attached image, Thomas Henry Banks was born 1903 to Frederick Banks and Mary Ann Spooner. he died 1956 before i was born. i remember my grandma had a photo of him on her sideboard (i think in a military uniform) His father Frederick is listed on quite a few census as being a shopkeeper (greengrocer) then a hawker ? if anyone has any info they can give me on Thomas or Frederick Banks i would be eternally grateful
Thanks
Craig Ashton

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 30 December 19 23:57 GMT (UK) »
There are a few newspaper items about Frederick BANKS of Derby, minor offences such as fighting in the street, an inquest into the death of a baby daughter, witness at an inquest mentioning he was a greengrocer and so on (and some about the son Frederick born 1890). I could copy them for for you if you haven't seen them. Send me a personal message if you'd like. No photos though.

Offline craigashton68

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 31 December 19 00:19 GMT (UK) »
Pm sent
Thank you 😊