Author Topic: Blakeney Parish Records either All Saints or Awre where can I get copies  (Read 830 times)

Offline mlrsuperstar

• --
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Blakeney Parish Records either All Saints or Awre where can I get copies
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 31 December 19 21:16 GMT (UK) »
This is going to go in a different direction...… I believe Jane White is buried near Seville, Spain.

Why ?  because I think her husband Thomas went to visit his brother Isaiah White ( called Isaias in Spain) who was starting up a large engineering company in Seville and along with his son also called Isaias (jnr)  help found SEVILLA FC  lately winners many times of the UEFA CUP.

There is a death record for a Jane White , Death year 1855-1859 on FindMyPast Gro Consular Death Indices (1849-1965) , Record Type Consular/overseas. Place: Cadiz.

So if anyone can find a newspaper item or anything to support or knock down this view I will be very grateful.

Offline Capetown

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 01 January 20 10:53 GMT (UK) »
I had a look at Family Search

Spain, Province of Sevilla, Municipal Records 1293-1966

There are quite a number of viewable documents regarding the WHITE's in Cadiz - especially

Isaias White Lwis - born Gloucester

and a Tomas White - birth 1781, father : Juan, Mother Teresa Pozo - birth 1781, death 29 October 1859  and Isaias WHITE and Maria Luisa Mendez - child, born 26 December 1857.

Can't see Jane WHITE - perhaps Thomas as a Clerk was working for the Consulate!

Offline mlrsuperstar

• --
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 01 January 20 11:02 GMT (UK) »
Yes thats the correct  family.  Isaias  or Isaiah as we call him built one of the largest engineering companies in Spain. Along with his son also called Isaias were amongst those who founded Sevilla FC. Thomas returned to the UK and bought a large forge at Pontardulais near Swansea. . The family from Littledean with a Welsh mother all did well in their lives.

Offline Capetown

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 01 January 20 12:10 GMT (UK) »
?

Jane EDWARDS - (father: John EDWARDS, a Carpenter) .....Thomas WHITE wife.....  have you traced her background!  one of the witnesses was Mary EDWARDS -

Also at Blakeney a couple of years later there is a marriage of

Mary EDWARDS aged 26 - residence, Blakeney, father: John EDWARDS, an Engineer

to

Thomas ROBERTS aged 32, an Engineer from Cadoxton Juxta Neath, Glamorganshire - father, Robert EDWARDS an Engineer.

Witnesses were: Agnes & Isabel CRAWSHAY - who seems to come from Oaklands Parks in Awre from a well to do family, and another Witness, Harriett Davies - marries a few years later and she's a servant at Oaklands Park.

Not sure if there is connection here, with Glamorgan!

Offline mlrsuperstar

• --
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 01 January 20 14:30 GMT (UK) »
Alice Lewis mother of Thomas White from the parish of Llangyfelach ,Swansea  who was wife to George White father of Thomas and other siblings