Author Topic: Andre Family  (Read 614 times)

Offline Carrie anne wood

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Andre Family
« on: Wednesday 01 January 20 09:05 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
I am hoping someone will be able to help me fill in the gaps on my research which has led me to Germany. I have worked on it as much as I can but have hit some brick walls as I am a novice at family research. I descend from JOSEPH ANDRE born in Aix-La-Chapelle, Aachen, Prussia in 1857. He had an extremely interesting story which can be read about on the Rootschat London forum. I am now particularly interested in his family back in Aachen. The details I have gathered are as follows :

Parents : ANDREAS ANDRE and HELENA BREUER - Both from Aachen but I have no other information on them and would appreciate any help

Siblings : PHILIPP ANDRE born 1859 - I have no other information on him ; ABRAHAM ANDRE born 1861 - married Bertha Michaelis ; ROSA ANDRE born 1863 - I have no other information on her ; BERNARD ANDRE born 1865 and died 1900 - married Sophie Koch and they had a son ANDREAS H ANDRE born 1895 and died 1945 ; JOHANNA ANDRE born 1867 and died 1943 in the Concentration Camp - married Jacob Bernstein and they had a daughter ILSE BERNSTEIN who married someone with surname TALKE. They possibly had another daughter LOUISE-EMMA BERNSTEIN ; EMMA ANDRE born 1870 - I have no other information on her ; VICTOR ANDRE born 1872 - I have no other information on him ; DANIEL ANDRE born 1874 and died 1916 - he married Liesbeth Baerwald and they had two children ANNA and HELENE ANDRE who were both born in 1906 and died the same year.

I would be most grateful if anyone can help me trace the parents going backwards, but also the siblings going forwards as I am keen to see if the Andre line carried on anywhere other than through Joseph. I would encourage you to read Joseph's story on the London chat as he really is rather special and I look forward to hearing anything you may find on his family in Germany.

Thank you
Carrie

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Andre Family
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 01 January 20 09:33 GMT (UK) »
I would encourage you to read Joseph's story on the London chat as he really is rather special                     

Link to the Joseph Andre epic  :D https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=821701.msg6843899#msg6843899

All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 02 January 20 07:08 GMT (UK) »
www.geneanet.org has the marriage of Andreas and Helena - it was in a village called
Vital
Aachen Stadt
Rhienland
Nordrhien- Westfalen
Germany
 :)
Rosa and Johannas births are on there too - a lot of records on geneanet are free - but sadly your 3 records are pay per view  :-[
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline davidqueneherve

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 02 January 20 13:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Date of Marriage :
01/22/1856

Offline Carrie anne wood

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 02 January 20 20:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Thank you for getting back to me with the information. I haven't used Geneanet before so will have a look on there. I have Worldwide membership on Ancestry but the documents aren't on there, only the listing details Is Geneanet similar or does it have different records? I wonder if it may be worth me paying to see the marriage certificate for Andreas and Helena because it may have their birth dates on there which will help me move backwards and find their parents etc?
Thank you for your help
Carrie

Offline davidqueneherve

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 02 January 20 20:57 GMT (UK) »
Geneanet got the information from Familysearch. No need to subscribe. It won't give you more details.