Author Topic: Thomas DUCKETT and Mary PERKINS m 22 Sep 1818  (Read 477 times)

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thomas DUCKETT and Mary PERKINS m 22 Sep 1818
« on: Thursday 09 January 20 14:53 GMT (UK) »
A related topic at https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=736108.18

Hoping for some assistance to seek an opinion on the marriage between Thomas DUCKETT and Mary PERKINS 22 Sep 1818 Priors Hardwick, Warwickshire.

In the previous post that was originally about locating a baptism for Susanna DUCKETT and the fact her mother was Mary.  Subsequent contributions to the initial post located a marriage of Thomas DUCKETT to Ann BULL and it is this Ann that is living with Thomas in the 1841 census. 

ADDED The marriage of a Thomas DUCKETT and Ann BULL is incorrect as it is too late given by 1841 Ann & Thomas have 4 children the eldest is 10.  I know that its possible for the couple to have pretended they were married however that doesn't seem to fit in this instance.

It was suggested that the Mary DUCKETT who died in 1834 Banbury was Susanna's mother.  On looking at the GRO it seems that this Mary DUCKETT was 78 years of age so that rules out that death. 

So in returning to once again attempt to resolve this I am starting over again and so seeking to determine opinion of the marriage in 1818 as above is the best fit or are there other options that I have missed?

I have no other information on Thomas DUCKETT nor have i located his baptism or death so unfortunately scant pickings.

Westy