Author Topic: sad death of Mary Blundell  (Read 662 times)

Offline plimmerian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
sad death of Mary Blundell
« on: Friday 10 January 20 15:48 GMT (UK) »
I’ve been trying to find the siblings details of my ancestor - (John and William posted in other topics)

Now had death details of her sister Mary Blundell, who died by being hit by a train on 19 June 1879 in Southport

She was buried in Halsall 2 days later.

in 1871 at the Union Hotel, Lord Street, Southport

in 1841-1861 in her father’s household in Halsall

such a tragic end to her life  :'(

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: sad death of Mary Blundell
« Reply #1 on: Friday 10 January 20 16:26 GMT (UK) »
From the Warrington Evening Post 19 June 1879

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 10 January 20 16:58 GMT (UK) »
My great grandfather James Gilchrist Carlin aged 41 died on 16.5.1919 from head injuries following an industrial accident. 

The next day - his sister  Mary Jane Gilchrist was helping his widow with the funeral arrangements and was knocked down by a taxi.  She died of head injuries on 30th May aged 63 (yes - there was a 22yr age gap between them)

On 12.2.1919 their 23yr old niece Esther Catherwood had died in the Spanish flu epidemic

3 family members in 3 months
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline chirp

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 27 January 20 11:58 GMT (UK) »
I have a large family tree for the Blundells of Birkdale area but I don't see any Marys who fit. From the 1871 census I see her father was John and next door there was a Thomas Blundell (John's brother?). If you can let me know who John's father was I will continue the search.

Have just seen your other posts - John and Elizabeth (Betty)? Not found them so far but will keep looking.

AVERY, Berks, BLUNDELL, North Meols, BOND, Wilts,  BRUNDRETT, Lancs, CHORLTON, Salford, DUNKLEY, West Haddon, FOGGIN, Yorks, GRANT, Durham,  GRESTY, Salford, GRINDROD, Salford, HUMM, Bethnal Green, MALONEY, Limerick & Lancs,  MARCHANT, Worcs, McPHERSON, Kent, MELLISH, Finsbury, PERRETT, Wilts,  RAGG, Yorks, RAINSFORD, Staffs, RENSHAW, Salford, ROSS, Leicester, TIGHE/TYE, All, WELLER, Berks, WILKINSON, Wes
Early 19th C Hairdressing & Perfumery
Spittalfields Silkweavers
Glass making, S Shields