Author Topic: Looking for James BIRCHALL, arrived Quebec 1927  (Read 2260 times)

Online DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for James BIRCHALL, arrived Quebec 1927
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 14 January 20 16:06 GMT (UK) »
Found the newspaper reference to James, poor guy.  Have added it to my archive.
Also found the exact death of his first wife, same paper, 25 Mar 1925, Ethel died 17 Mar.
Thanks again to everyone for their help.

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 14 January 20 16:32 GMT (UK) »
There appears to be at least one child born to Neil and Eva. The child may be still alive so I won't post details here. You can find the baptism in 1934 at the same church the couple were married at, in image 54.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 14 January 20 18:14 GMT (UK) »
There was also a birth of a son 6 January 1940 - baptised 28 April 1940 (you could easily guess the names) - United Church Chalmers

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Online DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 14 January 20 22:02 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Sandra. 

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 15 January 20 10:32 GMT (UK) »
Have you made any other progress yourself on James Birchall,  Eva and Neil or the two children  ???

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Online DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 15 January 20 12:00 GMT (UK) »
Have you made any other progress yourself on James Birchall,  Eva and Neil or the two children  ???

Sandra

I am actually only concerned with James directly, and have basically come to a standstill in regards to where and when he died.  All I know is that he died before his second wife did.  I feel he likely died in the Montreal area, and whatever church he was buried from is not included in the Drouin collection on Ancestry.  It is possible that his death might have been noted in the Montreal Gazette, or more likely the Montreal Star, but as far as I can tell, neither are digitalized.
I went from having nothing more than his name, the Quarter and and Louisa married in, and the reference to him on Louisa’s death certificate to finding out a whole lot more within 48 hours, through my own searching combined with help here. So am very happy with the outcome!

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 15 January 20 13:51 GMT (UK) »
Never found any death notice or obituary in Montreal papers.

Just wondered out of curiosity where Eva and Neil were buried, sometimes this is helpful if there are any family burials/plots in the same cemetery  ???

Sandra

Online DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 15 January 20 14:15 GMT (UK) »
It looks like there are few Quebec cemeteries transcribed and put online.
I imagine they are buried in a Protestant cemetery in Verdun, but I don't see any indexed online.

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 15 January 20 23:37 GMT (UK) »
Eva Birchall  Campbell 1914 - 1993 and Neil Munro Campbell 1903-1979 can be found on Billion Graves buried in Nova Scotia

https://billiongraves.com/grave/Eva-Birchall-Campbell/8921647

If this link doesn't work they are in Mount Hermon Cemetery Dartmouth/Halifax Nova Scotia