Author Topic: Charles WILSON Sarah WATSON convict Sarah BOND Ireland Lincs Tas NSW Qld  (Read 6388 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Charles WILSON Sarah WATSON convict Sarah BOND Ireland Lincs Tas NSW Qld
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday 12 February 20 00:01 GMT (UK) »
No,  I am not suggesting you buy any certificates.   

I do think that before you go back to generations earlier than Thomas who died in 1928, that you need to give serious consideration to seeking out his marriage certificate as it should be a document that you can rely on, as HE would have provided information about himself and about his parents, including his mum's nee name.    I actually cannot fathom how you have actually found who his parents actually were without actually checking his marriage certificate.  Once you have that information you may well find that a great deal of the elusive confusions  line up and  the dots start to join and make good sense.

Yes,  I can see a SUBMITTED tree with Catherine MOLLOY as his spouse.  That tree has NOT provided even a guesstimate date or location for their marriage for their online tree.    Plenty of threads here at RChat advise against relying on submitted trees.

I am presuming that Thomas is already known as your ancestor ...  :) and you are investigating his parents and are finding there's quite a variety of possible sets of parents for him.   

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline searchr

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday 12 February 20 00:06 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, but it's not Thomas I'm connected to. It's Charles b 1850. (& that's just through step connections)
How can I look at the original documents? (I'm not in NSW).
By the way, these were the 3 NSW BDM "death" indexes for Rosannna:
WILSON ROSANNA; 777/1854 V1854777 143; INFANT; -; -; Unavailable
WILSON ROSINA; 706/1854 V1854706 41A; INFANT; -; -; Unavailable (C. of E.)
WILSON ROSANNA; 2611/1854 V18542611 119; INFANT; -; -; Unavailable (R. C.)
Are you adding another? (same as the third one but 22 instead of 11)

have to go away for a while

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday 12 February 20 00:09 GMT (UK) »
So what information is on Charles b 1850's marriage certificate about his parents?

ADD, and of course about himself  :D  who were the witnesses ...

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday 12 February 20 00:14 GMT (UK) »
It is NOT possible to look at the original documents for NSW BDM Early Church Records.  They are fragile and are NOT made available.  They were filmed back decades ago. 

https://www.records.nsw.gov.au/archives/collections-and-research/guides-and-indexes/births-deaths-and-marriages-registers-1787-1856

Thanks, but it's not Thomas I'm connected to. It's Charles b 1850. (& that's just through step connections)
How can I look at the original documents? (I'm not in NSW).
By the way, these were the 3 NSW BDM "death" indexes for Rosannna:
WILSON ROSANNA; 777/1854 V1854777 143; INFANT; -; -; Unavailable
WILSON ROSINA; 706/1854 V1854706 41A; INFANT; -; -; Unavailable (C. of E.)
WILSON ROSANNA; 2611/1854 V18542611 119; INFANT; -; -; Unavailable (R. C.)
Are you adding another? (same as the third one but 22 instead of 11)

have to go away for a while

ADD
https://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/Pages/about-us/history-of-registry.aspx

From 1788 to 1856 the only birth, death or marriage records kept in NSW were the registers maintained by the established churches. The Registry holds transcriptions of these early church records. Any surviving original registers are located in the NSW Archives.

JM

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday 12 February 20 00:32 GMT (UK) »
 :)

Well, here's a reason to check out submitted trees and wonder whether they have copy pasted from each other and/or relied on summary info found on mishmash indexes... 

You see, there's quite a number of trees that have 'your' Charles born 1850 etc etc etc and then in 1867 he died in Sydney, parents as Charles and Sarah.    Some of them note the NSW BDM reference no. for his death as 1529/1867.     

JM

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday 12 February 20 03:10 GMT (UK) »

How are you connected to Charles WILSON, b 1850, died 1867, NSW, who, presumably, did not marry, or have  children?

Offline searchr

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday 12 February 20 03:34 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the register information.
I don't think Charles b 1850 did die then. I came to him through his m to Mary, who is my connection via several people (certainly not direct). The marriage mentioned his parents, so I've somehow found his b in Tasmania with those same parents, Charles WILSON and Sarah BOND. I saw the strange thing about the WATSON/ BOND thing and couldn't bear to put any of it into a tree without knowing more. I don't like putting people in if I think something doesn't seem right. It means I go very slowly, but that's ok. I like to meander through.
You are all amazing! You have spent so much time on this! Please let me know if there's something I can do in return. I've learnt so much through this thread.
I wanted to have his parents in the tree (extra fascination re Sarah as convict), and possibly his siblings and their spouses. I didn't want to put in his siblings' children, as they are too recent for me. I don't like putting people in who were b after 1871 at the moment, though this will change as time goes on. I couldn't put his parents in without knowing whether they were 2, 3 or 4 people.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday 12 February 20 04:07 GMT (UK) »
Please type up all the info Charles marriage,   :)

JM

Offline searchr

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday 12 February 20 06:16 GMT (UK) »
I don't have the certificate.
TIME TO GET IT DO YOU THINK?
This is all at the moment:
Charles m 2425/1878; WILSON; CHARLES; SULLIVAN; MARY A; BATHURST; Unavailable (refines to 18/12/1878 - 19/12/1878) (19 - 20 works & 17 - 18 doesn’t, so must be 19/12/1878)
https://www.findmypast.com.au/transcript?id=R_546976009
Find My Past: Record Transcription: Australia, Marriages, 1788 - 1935:
First name(s): Charles; Last name: Wilson; Birth year: -; Residence: Bathurst, New South Wales, Australia; Marriage year: 1878; Marriage date: 19 Dec 1878; Spouse’s first name(s): Mary Ann; Spouse’s last name: Sullivan; Marriage place:  Bathurst, New South Wales, Australia; Town: -; County: -; State: New South Wales; County: Australia; Groom’s marital status: Single; Groom’s birth place:  .... .....; Groom’s father’s first name(s): Charles; Groom’s father’s last name: Wilson; Groom’s mother’s first name(s): Sarah; Groom’s mother’s last name: Bond; Bride’s marital status: Single; Bride’s birth place:  .... ; Bride’s father’s first name(s): Danil; Bride’s father’s last name: Sullivan; Bride’s mother’s first name(s): Ann; Bride’s mother’s last name: Sha.; Record set: Australia, Marriages, 1788 - 1935; Category: Life Events (BDMs): Subcategory: Civil Marriage & Divorce; Collections from: Australasia
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XTCY-1M1
Family search: Charles Wilson, “Australia Marriages, 1810-1980” image available at family history centres
Name: Charles Wilson; Birthplace: … …; Spouse’s Name: May Ann Sullivan; Spouse’s Birthplace: …; Event Date: 19 Dec 1878; Event Place: Bathurst, New South Wales, Australia; Father’s Name: Charles Wilson; Mother’s Name: Sarah Bond; Spouse’s Father’s Name: Danil Sullivan; Mother’s Name: Ann Sha…; Marital Status: Single; Spouse’s Marital Status: Single; Record Collection: Australia Marriages, 1810-1980; Document Information: Indexing Project (Batch) Number: M00383-5; System Origin: Australia; GS Film number: 992679; Reference ID: vol5
Citing this Record: "Australia Marriages, 1810-1980," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XTCY-1M1 : 10 February 2018), Charles Wilson and May Ann Sullivan, 19 Dec 1878; citing Bathurst, New South Wales, Australia, reference vol5; FHL microfilm 992,679.