Author Topic: Maiden name of Margaret Mansell  (Read 940 times)

Offline dotty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Maiden name of Margaret Mansell
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 21 January 20 15:13 GMT (UK) »
Tell me about it! I have just sent off for Jesse Hartleys will.They are £1;50 at the moment
Will see what that reveals
.Dotty

Braithwaite,Roney,Hartley,Jackson,Reed, Cumberland /Westmorland .Livesey,Hartley,Taylor,Sefton,Harrison,Knowles,Lancashire.Bottomley,Schofield,Woodhouse ,Hobson ,Norcliffe  and Hartley West Yorkshire.Bottomley Dumfrieshire and Lanarkshire.Pinder ,Warwickshire.Kisby ,Cambridgeshire

Census information is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Tall Al

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 21 January 20 20:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dotty,

The outline details of Jesse's will is on Ancestry -

Estate - under £25,000
Death Date 24 August 1860
Probate Date 17 September 1860

"The will with a Codicil of Jesse Hartley late of Derby Road, Bootle near Liverpool in the county of Lancashire Esquire deceased who died 24 August 1860 at Derby Road aforesaid was proved at Liverpool by the oaths of John Bernard Hartley of the Grove Allerton near Liverpool aforesaid Esquire the son and John Bibby of Hart Hill Allerton aforesaid Esquire the executioners".

I have also found a death of a Bernard Hartley at Pontefract in 1855 age 76. There is also the outline details of a will for him but is very difficult to read. Probate was on 10 Sept 1855. Assuming it is possibly Jesse's father maybe this will would give some more information?

Alan

Offline dotty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 21 January 20 20:51 GMT (UK) »
Yes Alan    Bernard was Jesse and Hugh Hartleys father.Bernard and other members of the family seemed to be bridge engineers in the Yorkshire area .There is a bridge  at Thorneybridge [I think I have the right Place] he designed and also he had  some connection in designing on of the prisons in that area.Seem to have been very clever but if they were rich none of the money ever came to my husbands family.They have an interesting background nontheless.
Braithwaite,Roney,Hartley,Jackson,Reed, Cumberland /Westmorland .Livesey,Hartley,Taylor,Sefton,Harrison,Knowles,Lancashire.Bottomley,Schofield,Woodhouse ,Hobson ,Norcliffe  and Hartley West Yorkshire.Bottomley Dumfrieshire and Lanarkshire.Pinder ,Warwickshire.Kisby ,Cambridgeshire

Census information is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk