Author Topic: 1871 lookup request Please  (Read 1599 times)

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
1871 lookup request Please
« on: Saturday 20 August 05 20:03 BST (UK) »
I have a birth for a John Evans born 1805 M.G.Y.He died in 1875.His wife Mary Tomkins died 3 years later. I am not sure where they lived at the time of thier death.I am trying to connect these,my ancestors to the Jones buried in Overleigh Cemetery Chester.Can anyone find them on the 1871 census please in Cheshire.Failing That in Wales

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
Re: 1871 lookup request Please
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 20 August 05 21:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Celia - I took a look and found a candidate couple but hard to prove anything. But - what does M.G.Y. stand for? Surely also Mary would no longer be Tomkins? And these people are called Evans but you wish to connect them to the Jones buried in Overleigh Cemetery - do I have all of that right?
I would like to help but I would also like to be sure I am tracing the right people. All too often I spend an hour or so trying to find a person who turns out to be a "mistake". 8)
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 21 August 05 00:34 BST (UK) »
Sorry Hackstaple
I confused you.John Evans was born in Llandrinio? Montgomeryshire in 1805.Died 25th March 1875,Mary his wife ,Tomkins must be her Maiden name died 5th August 1878.Doesn't say whereFour years ago when doing another branch of my tree .A gentleman contacted me to tell me that a man in Canada collected a particular Surname. Greatorex(the one i was doing)He wanted me to send what i had.So I did he added five pages,all my family.right down to 1972. 5 generations Various surnames. I don't know who these people are. I am trying to whittle them down,The file has been in the drawer all this time.I haven't yet looked up the deaths.Up to now i have 7 Jones buried in Overleigh Cem.3 Are Thomas Evan Jones,Evan Jones,John Evan Jones.Anyway i don't want to confuse you again ;D

Celia Later,Have now found death of John Evans in Chester age 69.Mary could any of the many ;D I think they all came back home to end thier days,where mine began ;D
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 21 August 05 09:20 BST (UK) »
Glad you found the right person. I had some doubts about the couple I found on the 1871 census - it seemed too easy to find a John and Mary and as for Evans! 8)
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk