Author Topic: GILLESPIE, MACOUPIN, LOCAL NEWSPAPER 1920-40  (Read 929 times)

Offline piccarso

• RootsChat Member
  • Pog Mo Thoin.
    • View Profile
GILLESPIE, MACOUPIN, LOCAL NEWSPAPER 1920-40
« on: Saturday 20 August 05 21:17 BST (UK) »
Hi there everyone,

Can someone tell me the name of this towns local or county newspaper, Circa 1920 to 1940? I'd like to scan the paper's records for a family member of mine.

Thx

Jim.
Hendry,Hendrie,pollock,Bonnar, Bonar, Gallacher, Gallagher.
(Glasgow/Lanarkshire/Ayrshire/Scotland).

Hendrie, Hendry, Henry, Houden, Clark, Gallacher, Gallagher, McGuire (Scotland/Ireland)

Westmuckett, Davies, Corbett-Davies, Corbett, Williams, Bevan, Price, (England and Wales)

Offline Genealiza

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: GILLESPIE, MACOUPIN, LOCAL NEWSPAPER 1920-40
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 25 August 05 22:22 BST (UK) »
Jim,

Go to <www.usgenweb.com>, click on Illinois, click on Macoupin in the counties index.  There are links to newspapers etc.  You should find some information there.  Hope this helps.---Genealiza

Offline piccarso

• RootsChat Member
  • Pog Mo Thoin.
    • View Profile
Re: GILLESPIE, MACOUPIN, LOCAL NEWSPAPER 1920-40
« Reply #2 on: Monday 05 September 05 11:58 BST (UK) »
Jim,

Go to <www.usgenweb.com>, click on Illinois, click on Macoupin in the counties index.  There are links to newspapers etc.  You should find some information there.  Hope this helps.---Genealiza

Thx Genie,

I've been to site and reckon I have the Newspaper for the area: "The State Journal-Register" and I've emailed them for Info.

Thx again

Jim.
Hendry,Hendrie,pollock,Bonnar, Bonar, Gallacher, Gallagher.
(Glasgow/Lanarkshire/Ayrshire/Scotland).

Hendrie, Hendry, Henry, Houden, Clark, Gallacher, Gallagher, McGuire (Scotland/Ireland)

Westmuckett, Davies, Corbett-Davies, Corbett, Williams, Bevan, Price, (England and Wales)