Author Topic: Forde families in Calderbank  (Read 944 times)

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Forde families in Calderbank
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 02 February 20 13:23 GMT (UK) »
All three births were registered in Millstreet, County Cork. Bartholomew was born 3 April 1871, Patrick on 11 February 1874 and Timothy on 8 January 1884, all all Toorbona, Drishane.

There may well be other siblings, and possibly a marriage certificate and death certificates, at https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/civil-search.jsp
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline mhac

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 02 February 20 15:09 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Forforian, yes I do have all the Irish records, as I live near there. I am really trying to find any remaining Forde descendants in Scotland. There were 10 children in total. Some emigrated to Massachusetts. Charles had also been in Scotland before emigrating. It think their mother Julia may have emigrated to Scotland too, but I have not found a suitable death. Is there a graveyard in Calderbank, or would their burials be in St Peter's Dalbeth?
Mary

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 02 February 20 16:30 GMT (UK) »
FORDE BARTHOLOMEW 49 GREEN 1977 562/ 203 Coatbridge

He married (Agnes Ann Grant), the same year his mother died.  If this was my search I would order the death registration and see if the informant was a son/daughter niece/nephew or sibling.  Then you search for that person.  There is a chance his spouse was the informant if so find her death and do same. 

There is also a marriage of a Bartholomew/Martha Shields Carr in 1977 Coatbridge (divorced in 2002).

You can also check the Electoral Registers for Coatbridge which is pretty much current. 

Don
I have turned off all email notifications, thank you.

Offline Frances Forde

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 13 February 23 01:14 GMT (UK) »
Hello .I found this quite by chance.
My name is Frances Forde and my father was John Forde som of Timothy and Bridget Green who lived in Calderbank.Timothy was born in Millstreet Cork Ireland.