Author Topic: Aussie requesting information on Ann Malone aka Smith - great great great granny  (Read 6257 times)

Offline AUSSIE michelle

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Aussie requesting information on Ann Malone aka Smith - great great great granny
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 05 February 20 04:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Wivenhoe

So on the marriage cert (which is really hard to see the witnesses are :  ?? Bombadieri -Anna Peroggia (looks like) & Joshua John Wheeler  - Ann Smith

So to the next it was on trove in a newspaper cutting - This is the part "The evidence of deceased's wife showed that she had been married to deceased for seventeen years, and they had six children living". Bendigo advertiser 1858

"..Ann spent 5 years South Australia.........spent 59 years Victoria."
This I worked out from the time she arrived in South Australia had a child and the next child was born in Victoria

"..Ann died  Gwynne street, Richmond"
This came directly from a relative - the street of the Pinnell family
 Gwynne street, Richmond, Victoria, Australia #: 06524
Apr 7 1909
REF:Ann Wheeler Gender: Female Birth: Circa 1832 Age: 77 Death: 1909 - Richmond, Victoria, Australia Father: Malone Wheeler Mother: Eliza Smith Registration #: 06524

If Ann is widowed, 1868, with six children, you might think there would be......maybe three under ten years old. Ann does not remarry so how does Ann support her children. They would likely go into institutionalised care.....or....who helps Ann to support her children?

Now this I can't answer?? No idea how she supported the children?? but they all grew up in Bendigo area

Where you see SMITH and MALONE as family names for Ann, it is useful to know the name of the informant. Who is naming Ann's family. I am not suggesting that you buy each certificate but consider that Ann might not be naming herself ie Ann is not the informant.

Yes I understand that and this is no doubt the reason name keeps changing?? & definitely can't buy all certificates unfortunately. But may have to purchase another I think?? to get a few more answers??

I have attached the birth cert so you can read.

Also yes I did find the War information on William Henry wheeler. So this was useful
The Cornish name moves in down the line - married in. But not my side of the family as I am Bombardieri side.

Hopefully this helps & thank you
Loads - LOL!!!! - Fisher, McBride, Hill, Power, Borserio, Bombardieri, McCarthy, Veale, Wheeler, Wheelerbreed, Andrew

Offline AUSSIE michelle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Aussie requesting information on Ann Malone aka Smith - great great great granny
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 05 February 20 04:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mckha489 Yes this lady Cornish was a niece but not on my side down another line. I haven't filled that in on my heritage tree as yet as concentrating on my direct ancestors.

And thank you for the clue with WW1 with F letter

Thank you
Loads - LOL!!!! - Fisher, McBride, Hill, Power, Borserio, Bombardieri, McCarthy, Veale, Wheeler, Wheelerbreed, Andrew

Offline AUSSIE michelle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 05 February 20 04:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Wivenhoe,

Trying to answer as I read William Henry Wheeler was killed in France
Cause: Killed in Action WW1,  Pozieres, Somme Sector, France July 29 1916
Burial -   Courcelette British Cemetery, France.

He is rather easy to find information on

Only when you start going back that it gets hard

Thank you again

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 05 February 20 05:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Wivenhoe

So to the next it was on trove in a newspaper cutting - This is the part "The evidence of deceased's wife showed that she had been married to deceased for seventeen years, and they had six children living". Bendigo advertiser 1858

This is the news item you refer to.
Always important to get years carefully right

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/87893355

Article regarding the inquest to death of Joshua John WHEELER

Bendigo Advertiser   Tue 14 Jan 1868

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 05 February 20 05:41 GMT (UK) »

"..Ann died  Gwynne street, Richmond"
This came directly from a relative - the street of the Pinnell family
 Gwynne street, Richmond, Victoria, Australia #: 06524
Apr 7 1909
REF:Ann Wheeler Gender: Female Birth: Circa 1832 Age: 77 Death: 1909 - Richmond, Victoria, Australia Father: Malone Wheeler Mother: Eliza Smith Registration #: 06524

Perhaps there was a branch of the PINNELL family living in Gwynne Street at that time, or perhaps lodging there from time to time, but John Frost PINNELL was registered to vote as a resident of QLD.
1908 PINNELL, John Frost Campbell st. Bowen Hill Stonemason.

It seems that others PINELL were in Bendigo
1909 At Lilac Street Bendigo.
PINELL, Annie a nurse
PINNELL, Lena, Home duties
PINNELL, Lily MAUD, Home Duties
PINNELL Thomas Henry, a miner.

No Electoral registration for PINNELL in Richmond Victoria. or nearby at all.
This does not necessarily mean they were never there.

Sue

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 05 February 20 05:55 GMT (UK) »
Hugh BLIGHT and Elizabeth nee WHEELER lived in Richmond in 1909, but not in Gwynne Street.

BLIGHT, Hugh. 39 Brighton Street , South Richmond. Plasterer
BLIGHT, Elizabeth. 39 Brighton Street , South Richmond. HD

Offline AUSSIE michelle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 05 February 20 06:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi sparrett

Thank you so much for coming in with this information

Yes this is the newspaper article.

I am only learning about the Pinnell family as it is not my line but have been helping a lady who is a Pinnell. As I am the Mary Wheeler/Bombardieri side - daughter of Ann & Joshua

I gladly receive any information as anything that can help with the lady Ann and Joshua (they were in south Australia before Victoria ) and so hard to find much for south Australia but I can tell you the man Joshua his father also went by the name Wheeler was Wheelerbreed or Wheelerbread.
I think  I found the birth London, England
Nov 10 1816/baptism : Whitechapel, Middlesex, England, United Kingdom
Apr 6 1817of him but can't find a record of him coming to south Australia???

The name Bombardieri coming out from Italy is just as hard

Thank you for your assistance
& yes not sure about this Gwynne street, Richmond??
I will have to ask about it with the relative -as she may know

Thank you

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 05 February 20 07:08 GMT (UK) »

At NAA web page

search...........Giacomo............ Bombardieri............  naturalisation

He is 47 years old at 1893 and might be your family.

Offline AUSSIE michelle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 06 February 20 13:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Wivenhoe
Thank yo very much as yes this is my Giacomo Bombardieri

This is fantastic to have

Cheers Michelle