Author Topic: Aussie requesting information on Ann Malone aka Smith - great great great granny  (Read 6177 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Aussie requesting information on Ann Malone aka Smith - great great great granny
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 04 February 20 01:42 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to RChat, Michelle  ;D

You are very fortunate that your Aussie ancestors BDMs can be found in Victoria ...  The Vic BDM actual records are very very detailed, as good as Scottish ones.   :)

Here's a live link from RChat's Resources board  for Victoria

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,373754.0.html

Cheers,  JM  (I am a tad NSW centric, sorry, I am not much 'chop' on Victoria or Ireland quests. )
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Online wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Aussie requesting information on Ann Malone aka Smith - great great great granny
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 04 February 20 04:18 GMT (UK) »
I live in Australia.

From the marriage certificate, 1877....who are the witnesses?

Where have you found this information -

"..Ann spent 5 years South Australia.........spent 59 years Victoria."

"..Ann died  Gwynne street, Richmond"

If Ann is widowed, 1868, with six children, you might think there would be......maybe three under ten years old. Ann does not remarry so how does Ann support her children. They would likely go into institutionalised care.....or....who helps Ann to support her children?

Where you see SMITH and MALONE as family names for Ann, it is useful to know the name of the informant. Who is naming Ann's family. I am not suggesting that you buy each certificate but consider that Ann might not be naming herself ie Ann is not the informant.

Can you please  list all the information on this certificate...everything please...do not leave out any information.
24360/1867 WHEELER William Henry  parents Ann MALONE / Joshua
born S'HURST

Online wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 04 February 20 04:21 GMT (UK) »
WWI enlistment.
N(ational) A(rhives) of A(ustralia)
WHEELER William Henry : Service Number - 1520 : Place of Birth - Bendigo VIC : Place of Enlistment - Ayr QLD : Next of Kin - (Sister) BLIGHT Elizabeth

William Henry WHEELER died 29 Jul 1916, France. He was creative about his age, giving 39 years at enlistment.  In resolving the matter of who should receive his service medals, there is some useful information about his brothers and sisters, whose order in the family determines the order in which the medals are offered. Correspondence, March 1923 -

Image 21 of 53
(my transcription)
"...I am the only sister and John WHEELER living I don't know his whereabouts last I heard of him as M HARINGTON..." 

1922/F/9178  QLD BDM death
WHEELER William Henry
Date of death: 29/07/1917
Mother: Ann Smith   
Father: Joshua John Wheeler

Why was there a death registered, in Queensland, in 1922, for William Henry WHEELER?
Who is the informant......with incorrect death year?

Roll of Honour   (William Henry WHEELER)
...age at death 46 years......
Person to whom reference can be made: Mrs CORNISH, 28 Page Street South Melbourne

Who is Mrs CORNISH?

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 04 February 20 04:30 GMT (UK) »
1922 d c. Queensland ...  The 'F' in the ref number signifies it was one of many  registrations prepared by BDM directly for the Queenslanders who served and did not return.  1922 is the year that Qld BDM raised most of the paperwork,  as recognition and to help with probate matters.  New Zealand BDM had similar policy too.

Add 'F' is the WWI clue. 

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Online mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 04 February 20 06:10 GMT (UK) »

Roll of Honour   (William Henry WHEELER)
...age at death 46 years......
Person to whom reference can be made: Mrs CORNISH, 28 Page Street South Melbourne

Who is Mrs CORNISH?

Different street number but close....

Online mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 04 February 20 06:16 GMT (UK) »
Marriage Beatrice Mary BLIGHT to Jospeh Leslie CORNISH

Daughter of Hugh BLIGHT and (Annie?) Elizabeth WHEELER

So William Henry Wheeler’s niece?

Offline AUSSIE michelle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 05 February 20 04:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi and thank you will get to next questions shortly

Please NOTE: Ann came out as Ann Malone on the Inconstant NOT Smith as I had thought.
So please  NOTE this

Thank you
Loads - LOL!!!! - Fisher, McBride, Hill, Power, Borserio, Bombardieri, McCarthy, Veale, Wheeler, Wheelerbreed, Andrew

Offline AUSSIE michelle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 05 February 20 04:09 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Majm firstly and yes most of my ancestors are Victorian based and thank you for the link

Cheers Michelle
Loads - LOL!!!! - Fisher, McBride, Hill, Power, Borserio, Bombardieri, McCarthy, Veale, Wheeler, Wheelerbreed, Andrew

Online wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 05 February 20 04:16 GMT (UK) »
Can you please  give consideration to the questions that I have asked at reply#10