Author Topic: Death and burial records  (Read 2847 times)

Offline shorts

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Death and burial records
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 04 September 22 18:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Wexflyer

The Lady at Wexford BC stated they hold the Registers of Internments only - they don't hold the old Burial Registers, so my understanding is that they have been deposited with the Wexford County Archive at Ardcavan. There was a note on theit website a while back stating they were going to include the Crosstown Burial Register alongside the existing registers for the Wexford Town Municiple registers, but it hasn't happened to date. 

The earliest Crosstown burial register 1892 - 1907 (Ref: WBC/CEM/6/1) was available as a PDF doc which I downloaded from a website at the time but I'm unsure if it's still available.  (It should ideally be on the Archives website.)

I'm not sure what years the next Register covers but I believe the Register which includes 1916 was fire damaged. Years ago, I visited the old WBC offices in Hill St & tried to get a copy of an entry in the year 1916 but was told it was too fragile to photo-copy and they could only provide a transcription. (a copy of the Register of Internments for that year was available).

Ps - You posted a great copy of the grave numbers in Section Q of the cemetery; would you happen to have a copy of the other old Catholic section, Section L? I would like to see if there's a Headstone or a marker for the Walsh grave for Rattler. 

Cheers
Dalton: Wexford Town/Ireland
Curran: Ballyvaloo/Blackwater/Co Wexford/Ireland
Clowery/Farrell: Wexford Town/Ireland
Flood: Enniscorthy & Wexford/Ireland
Ormand/Kirwan: Blackwater/Co Wexford/Ireland
Shortman: Bristol/Westbury-on-Trym/Manchester
Trull: Uley/Dursley/Glos
Cross: Dursley/Glos
Hazard: Bristol/Manchester

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 05 September 22 13:50 BST (UK) »

Ps - You posted a great copy of the grave numbers in Section Q of the cemetery; would you happen to have a copy of the other old Catholic section, Section L? I would like to see if there's a Headstone or a marker for the Walsh grave for Rattler. 

Cheers

It is a holiday weekend here, so will have to wait until I get home before I can check my files. 
Of course I got my copy of the overall layout and a few of the section maps from the Wexford town council department responsible for the graveyards, St. Ibar's primarily. If you are still residing somewhat locally you should be able to get copies from them. I don't have a full set, in fact very few sections, so I can't say off hand if I have Section L or not.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline rattler

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 06 September 22 13:28 BST (UK) »
Hello you are great people with all the help you have given me on this one.  Whenever I visited Wexford, I would go to the Harpur grave which is L 207.  I brought dads ashes over some years ago and that’s were I hope to finish whenever the big man is ready for me.  With the new information I at least know where to look or get my family to look for me on their visits as I can no longer travel myself..  Thanks  again, Anne
Wexford Town..
Harpur. O'Rourke. Foley. Walsh. Furlong.