Author Topic: Saint John, NB, death records  (Read 488 times)

Offline jenn270

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Saint John, NB, death records
« on: Friday 07 February 20 16:28 GMT (UK) »
We are searching for death records for infant twins, Grace & Lillian Stultz, possibly stillborn, born between 1910 and 1918, and have checked the NB Archives site for births, deaths, cemeteries and Saint John burial records. In 1912 the family relocated from Saint John to Westmorland County and a search for cemetery info there has not turned up anything on these twins. Their names are not on the family's stone which leads us to think they were likely buried in Saint John. Parents were William A & Blanch (Thorne) Stultz. I have tried various misspellings of the surname and checked online genealogies. Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Saint John, NB, death records
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 08 February 20 19:45 GMT (UK) »
While I can't see a record for the twins, in 1914 a daughter was born (certificate visible on https://archives.gnb.ca/ ), and in this record Blanche lists that she has six children (including the daughter born 1914), all of whom are living, and no stillbirths.

It seems that the other five older children can be found in NB births, so if this record is correct then the twins must have been born between 1914 and 1918...
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 08 February 20 20:48 GMT (UK) »
There is a death is under Stulty.  Premature birth; a child of William. Its a Clergyman's Return dated 18 Jul 1917 so its not informative.  And being premature you won't find a given name. 

Don

I have turned off all email notifications, thank you.

Offline jenn270

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 08 February 20 23:31 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for this which would indicate they were born in Westmorland County. Since all the other children's births were recorded it seems odd that these wouldn't have been. I appreciate your help!

While I can't see a record for the twins, in 1914 a daughter was born (certificate visible on https://archives.gnb.ca/ ), and in this record Blanche lists that she has six children (including the daughter born 1914), all of whom are living, and no stillbirths.

It seems that the other five older children can be found in NB births, so if this record is correct then the twins must have been born between 1914 and 1918...

Offline jenn270

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 08 February 20 23:38 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, Don. I had found that too but assumed (rightly or wrongly) that it would have indicated twins if that were the case. Too bad it doesn't even give the gender of the child. Perhaps one child was alive at birth but if so there doesn't appear to be any record. I've seen several records where Stultz looked like Stulty when handwritten.

There is a death is under Stulty.  Premature birth; a child of William. Its a Clergyman's Return dated 18 Jul 1917 so its not informative.  And being premature you won't find a given name. 

Don