Author Topic: William Silk married Sarah Gammon 1881  (Read 1441 times)

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
William Silk married Sarah Gammon 1881
« on: Sunday 21 August 05 10:14 BST (UK) »
Another wrong certificate:

William Silk aged 22 married Sarah Gammon aged 26 on 31 March 1881 at Bramshott.  He was a Baker and she was  domestic servant. 

Father's John Silk, Miller and William Gammon, Brewer. 

Kerryb
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline imison

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: William Silk married Sarah Gammon 1881
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 05 October 05 02:50 BST (UK) »
Hello

I wonder if you could tell me whereabouts they married?  Where did these 2 people come from, and where were they born?  Does it say who their parents were and what ages the bride and groom were?

I have Gammon relations and they are in Kent and Buckinghamshire but also Devon.

Thank you very much

IMISON

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 06 October 05 20:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Imison

The information I can gain from the cert is that William and Sarah married in Bramshott, Hants.  Both living in Liphook at the time of the marriage.  Father of groom John Silk, Miller and father of bride, William Gammon, Brewer.  I am afraid I don't know any more than that, or about the Gammon family as it turned out to be the wrong William Silk.  the groom was 22 and bride was 26.

Hope that helps

kerryb

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline imison

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 06 October 05 21:16 BST (UK) »
Dear Kerryb

thank you very much for your help here - I will put them in a sideline until I establish further information.

I know that there are hundreds of Gammon people listed in the census documents but mostly they seem to be in Kent and Devon area in greatest concentrations.

Best wishes

Imison