Author Topic: LORD VAUGHAN FAMILY history mystery  (Read 6313 times)

Offline goggy

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: LORD VAUGHAN FAMILY history mystery
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 23 August 05 02:53 BST (UK) »
imison,glad you liked the singer,if not the song!
Now then,back to the bizzo',go to the Common room,find" RE;National Archive's web site Headache",user name Wheeldon,12/8/05, and there you are!!
           5Regard's,Goggy. ;D

Offline imison

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 23 August 05 06:33 BST (UK) »
Dear Goggy

Thank you very much for your kind help and expertise - and keep on with the joking!

Best wishes

Imison

Offline goggy

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 27 August 05 04:09 BST (UK) »
imison,d'you think I could find my way back to the right page!Finally Welsh Wale's did the trick.
So, some derivative's for you.Hang on,just chasing my Dog off my immaculately scattered filing system.
VAGN,VAGHN,VAUGHON,VAUGN,VAUGNE,VAUGNH(?),VAUHGN(?)LOOK LIKE MISPRINTS.
Also in my travels in Gosport,saw,Margaret Alice of Chas+Eliz;+a Chas+Wlm Thom born later,these came froma Knights roots site,births cover 1849-1857. Enough drop's make an Ocean!
             Regard's,Goggy 8)

Offline imison

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 27 August 05 04:48 BST (UK) »
Dear Goggy

What a wonderful find!  I don't know how you did it - Emma Morris is an absolute mystery as although we know who she married, we know nothing of her birth at all.  The only bit is that her father was cut out of the family inheritance for marrying? the girl that his father ? disapproved of.

Sounds like a romantic novel of the time !

I know that Woolwich has been suggested as a place but then the dates do not add up.

The only fly in the ointment with your wonderful research is that my mother said that HER mother never knew of any other children of Emma's parents!  ie she was an only child.

However, that having been said, who knows!!!  The past is so shrouded in mystery it may never be revealed what really happened.

I shall now think carefully about those names - thank you so much.  I am really grateful.
Best wishes to you and your lovely dog

IMISON