Author Topic: Rueben Jones . Mathon Worcs  (Read 3081 times)

Offline Jesse123

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rueben Jones . Mathon Worcs
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 22 February 20 20:04 GMT (UK) »
Rueben Jones married Mary Anne Powell , their son Married A Druccilla York they I turn had a son named James Thomas Jones who was my father, I have been trying to go further back before Rueben who was my Great grandfather.        Signed L  Jones

Offline Jesse123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 23 February 20 11:49 GMT (UK) »
There is an ancestry tree that shows Reuben married Mary Ann at Ledbury Herefordshire 1849 - 26 - 325 ?

Sandra.       Thank you for your post, the dates you have correspond with my info, Rueben was my great grandfather, I am trying to go back beyond him, would it be possible to have a copy of Ancestry tree please,     jesse123

Offline Jesse123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 23 February 20 12:17 GMT (UK) »
Just checked the age at death for the burial of a Reuben Jones in Mathon in 1860 --- he was an infant aged 0 -- so can be discounted.

Therefore, your find in 1861, Sandra -could be correct.
. The date could be correct as some children died young and one died at birth.

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 23 February 20 13:53 GMT (UK) »
1. The Reuben Jones who died in 1864 mentioned by Sandra - was 39 years old - so could be the correct Reuben based on his approximate birth year.

2. Jesse - how do you know your Reuben married Mary Ann Powell please? Have you purchased the marriage certificate as it would give you the fathers' names of bride and groom.

3. On the 1861 census found by Sandra - if it's the correct family and it looks like it as birthplace and age of Reuben is correct -- there is an 11 year old son James which pre-dates the marriage of a Reuben Jones to Mary Ann Powell. In addition the maiden name of the mother of that James Jones, in Ledbury Reg Dist appears to be Bough.

4. The family tree on Ancestry cannot really be copied to you -- if you have access to that site - you can find it by going to 'Search' and from the drop down menu which appears - select Public Member Trees - insert your search term for Reuben Jones. They have his father as Richard - but his wife as Mary Ann Jones! They show a marriage in 1849. (There is one in Ledbury Reg Dist, but it is to Mary Bough).

Jesse -- can you provide the name and birth year of the child of the Reuben b 1824 from whom you are descended please. What was the mother's maiden name? If you don't know we can check that.
Places of interest;
Lancashire, West Yorkshire, Southern Ireland, Scotland.

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 23 February 20 14:07 GMT (UK) »
Just to add -- the Reuben Jones who was born and died in 1860 - Ledbury Reg Dist -- mother's maiden name was Powell -- so did Reuben marry twice I wonder?

Firstly to Mary Bough and had James -- then to Mary Ann Powell. That's a possibility.
Has anyone found the family in 1851? I can't at the moment.
Places of interest;

Offline Jesse123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 23 February 20 17:01 GMT (UK) »
Thank you all for your warm welcome, and also your quick responses. I hope you can bear with me I’m very new to all this, so may make a few mistakes. ( I’m 86). Pennines, in answer to your question, Reuben definitely married Mary Anne Powell. Mary bough was his first wife. I have this information from relatives.

Offline Jesse123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 23 February 20 17:20 GMT (UK) »
Pennines Rueben had a son son Named George Henry Jones he married Druccilla York and they were my fathers parents, they also had a very big family, and if my memory serves me right, one of the children was named Rueben died died at birth,not sure of date but I may be able to find out.

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 23 February 20 17:35 GMT (UK) »
Jesse -- you are doing SO well as a newcomer to this, so don't worry.

You have answered the question which was puzzling me about Reuben being married twice -- and in both cases to a Mary! Our ancestors didn't like to make it easy for us did they!

So -- if you have one of his marriage certificates - that will give his father's name - which will be a start in trying to trace him backwards.

If you haven't -- it will cost £11 from the General Register Office in Southport - but you can order on line.

If you haven't done this before - let us know and we can talk you through how to do it. The other thing to bear in mind is that names of witnesses at a wedding can sometimes be useful - as they could be a relative.

I can't find a baptism for Reuben unfortunately - and if no-one else can, then a marriage certificate will at least give one parent's name.
Places of interest;

Offline Jesse123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 23 February 20 19:39 GMT (UK) »
Pennines,       Thank you for your comments Unfortunately I haven’t a marriage cert For Rueben as they could have got lost anywhere, and my mother is not here to give me anymore information,RIP, but I think the Marriage date to Mary Powell was 1852 if that is any use to you, I am short on time left to be here my self , so I am trying to go back as far as I can, I wish to leave a family tree for my children, if that date I have given is of know help I will try and do what you advise, and pay for the birth certificate.thank .   jesse123