Author Topic: Tincolini  (Read 790 times)

Offline Doris49

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Tincolini
« on: Friday 28 February 20 21:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi

My grandfather was Italian and was called Corrado Tincolini.  During my research I have discovered that Tincolini is a very rare surname even in Italy.  I am wondering if anyone has ever come across it before.

Many thanks.  :)

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Tincolini
« Reply #1 on: Friday 28 February 20 22:23 GMT (UK) »
Very unusual name, there are quite a few by that name in Paddington North 1950's per ancestry.

Do you have Corrado' naturalization certificate dated 10 May 1915 he was living at 68 Holborn Street, Aberdeen, a confectioner by trade.Born 9 August 1885 Marti Italy
His father Egidio and his mother Caterina   

Offline cath151

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 29 February 20 08:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi
familysearch.org have entries for Tincolini, not many in Italy but others from Brazil and the UK . Might be worth looking to perhaps gain a sense of where they might have lived.

https://www.familysearch.org/search/record/results?surname=tincolini&any_place=italy&count=20&offset=0

Cathy :)
Sinnock/Sinnicks...Brighton,Greenwich.
Clements,Coles,Mc Donagh,Rock

Census InformationCrown Copyright from www.national archives.gov.uk

Offline Doris49

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 29 February 20 09:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Yes, I have my grandfather’s naturalisation certificate.  That was an amazing moment to find out where and when he was born and his parents’ names.  He has 8 siblings, one of whom emigrated from Marti to London - he lived in Maida Vale so that is probably why there are Tincolinis in Paddington. I have also noticed on Family Search that a few emigrated to Brazil.

I have wondered if due to the difficulties of spelling the name, that it probably changed in a number of cases.  Also, when Italians became naturalised citizens they very often either anglicised their names or changed them completely.

Thank you for your replies.  I love RootsChat - everyone is so helpful.  It’s a great forum.

:D