Author Topic: Seeking Help Researching Radziejowa, Galicia (Poland)  (Read 763 times)

Offline pashak1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Seeking Help Researching Radziejowa, Galicia (Poland)
« on: Wednesday 04 March 20 15:02 GMT (UK) »
Both of my great grandparents came from the small village of Radziejowa, Galicia, born circa 1890 -1895. The village ended up in Poland and does not exist anymore after WWII. It seems they were Greek Catholic, and I have not found church records any later than 1838 online. From the ship manifests, I have learned only their father's names and a few other relations who ended up in the US. They were married in Pittsburgh, PA, and I can't get the marriage record. Could anyone suggest where else I can look to find their records? I don't know if land records exist for a village as small as this. I have some statistics from the Poland Census of 1921 and 1931 - did they contain any surnames or just general information, and are they online? Or available by mail?
Their names were:
Fedor Krenca, born about 1891, son of Iwan Krenca. He later changed his name to Frank Krenza/Krentsa.
Katerina Procak, born about 1894, possible father Danko Procak, possible mother Tekla Michalik.
Thank you so much for any suggestions!

Here are two links to some possibly related Krenca's:

Anna Krenca, grave in old cemetery in Radziejowa  http://www.twojebieszczady.net/st_cerkwie/cmentarz_radziejowa.php?fbclid=IwAR2DqxgGNIHVOBhbacmFMFL2uBH_C0vNUiWLf45K522wlliZLwK6r46mrak

Barbara Krenca Sobczyszyn Interview:
https://docplayer.pl/49804393-Radziejowa-odkryta-na-nowo.html?fbclid=IwAR1mhHUJ4iZR8xqKtRjC31wYRPHw_ieNpit4YbIwFxwhy9B2VHTvF_nI7tQ

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking Help Researching Radziejowa, Galicia (Poland)
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 05 March 20 10:17 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Pashak
I had a similar problem for my Father in Law
so - I presume your problem is -were they Polish / Ukranian / Galician
when you say the village doesn't exist any more - it probably does - but spelt slightly different
my father in law was born in
Rohatyn - Ukraine
Rogatyn - Poland ..........same place ..he was also Greek Catholic religion
were any in this regiment
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/14th_Waffen_Grenadier_Division_of_the_SS_(1st_Galician)

my father in law was because they wanted the Russians out of their country
try
www.ukraine.com - register for free - when accepted go to Genealogy forum and post the name of the village - a member named Hanniah helped me find the village my father in law ( Ostap Stanislow Kabluckyj ) is now called
GOOD LUCK
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline pashak1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 05 March 20 14:48 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your message! I am positive that the village is destroyed, it was burned during the campaign against the Polish during WWII. If you see in that first link I posted, all that remains is an old cemetery. I am not sure that Ukraine.com is the way to go, because after Galicia collapsed the village was located in Poland, not Ukraine. I need specific help with Polish records, but thank you for taking the time to reply and for your suggestions!

Offline TreeSpirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 06 March 20 01:30 GMT (UK) »
Removed - not the right place

Offline pashak1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 10 March 20 20:21 GMT (UK) »
What does that mean? It has been removed so nobody can see it?- if so then please delete this whole thread, my original post and reply's - thank you!

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 11 March 20 00:01 GMT (UK) »
What does that mean? It has been removed so nobody can see it?- if so then please delete this whole thread, my original post and reply's - thank you!

If you click on Treespirit's name it will show her latest posts.  It is noticeable that a few seconds after she posted on your thread (this thread)  she was answering an African thread.  This suggests that she made an error and probably answered the African subject on your thread.

I regret I have no knowledge of Galicia but I did wonder if you had seen this familysearch webpage which suggests places to look - for instance there should be both church and civil records if they survived all the wars that were held on the European mainland.

..... This article covers information on civil registration for Austrian-controlled Poland, which was known as Galicia....."

https://www.familysearch.org/wiki/en/Austrian_Poland_Civil_Registration
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke