Author Topic: Andrew Johnston, Urbal, Parish of Tamlaght, father Joseph  (Read 1720 times)

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Andrew Johnston, Urbal, Parish of Tamlaght, father Joseph
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 22 March 20 20:00 GMT (UK) »
No.. Haven’t found her death record.
Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 23 March 20 09:06 GMT (UK) »
Have your searched in GRONI's database? Looking very briefly I found 2 possibilities.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 23 March 20 09:53 GMT (UK) »
I did look at Groni. There were 2 deaths in 1932, with the closest one being 6 years out. Despite my doubts, I paid for the closest in age, and it was the right one! Age was 82 and Rachel would be at least 88 as I have her baptism. Anyway, it says widow of Andrew Johnston, a carpenter, and her son-in-law was present at death.
thanks for the suggestion
Peggy

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 15 April 20 12:18 BST (UK) »
I have found one more child of Andrew Johnston and Nancy Wallace, who was Joseph born abt 1862 in Co. Tyrone. Joseph was mentioned as a brother in the obit of John Lennox Johnston who died in 1913. I found Joseph in Magherafelt in 1901 and further research revealed that Joseph was from Co. Tyrone, and when he married Annie Moore in 1885, his father was given as Andrew Johnston, carpenter. In 1911, Joseph is in Shankill. We know he was alive until 1913 when his half-brother died, but I don't know what became of him after that. I don't find him or any of his family after that.

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 27 September 20 21:53 BST (UK) »
Just for the knowledge of all the kind people who have helped me, I  do have the death record for Joseph Johnston, son of Andrew, at 46 Wyndham Street, Belfast in  1938 and he was being taken to Magherafelt Burying ground for burial. Also have the death of Annie, his wife, nee Moore, in 1932, same place of death and same place of burial. I would not have this information but for fellow  poster jon and I am very grateful to him. I tried to attach article from Belfast Telegraph on Jan 15, 1938 for Joseph but file is too  large.
Joseph also  had a sister Annie who went to Salford, Lancashire, England and married George Harry Brown, firstly, and then Robert Bernard Keen before 1911 when they are on the 1911 census. I tried to attach the census but says file is too large. Annie had a grandson John born in 1923 and now deceased, who remembered Joseph from Ireland coming to visit, so sister Annie was still  alive in 1923, and probably at least until 1930. Have not found Annie Keen aka Brown nee Johnston's death in Salford as yet.
Peggy