Author Topic: Paul Lester and Johanna/Josephine Malloy/Molloy  (Read 965 times)

Offline TPL

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Paul Lester and Johanna/Josephine Malloy/Molloy
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 21 March 20 22:19 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the obits for Tom Lester.  They will be useful for my tree.  I already have most of the information for Tom and Ines' children and descendants but you never know where a useful tidbit will come from.

Thanks also for the DC of Ines (also Inez-Anglicized Agnes) Sanchez which states that her father was William Hoberg from Germany but that is not correct.  The 1880 and 1900 censuses list Ines' parents' birthplace as New Mexico although the 1910 census lists both parents' birthplace as Germany and the 1920 census shows her father's birthplace as Germany and mother's as New Mexico adding to the confustion.  However, in William Hoberg's naturalization papers (1906-New Mexico), William states that he was married to Encarnacion Torres and that he had no children and in the 1900 census William Hoburg and Encarnacion are both listed as having no children.  As a final point of reference, the 1870 census lists Ines living with William Hoburg/Encarnacion Torres but Encarnacion was 22 and Ines was 15 so Ines coundn't have been Encarnacion's daughter from a previous marriage/liaison either because of the age difference.  However, Encarnacion Torres' mother's maiden name was Sanchez so I believe Ines was a relative of Encarnacion and they raised her for any number of reasons.  This error has persisted throughout other family trees that I have seen but I found a birth certificate for Ines (Ignes) naming her parents as Pablo Sanches and Maria Torres.  I only add this info on the off chance that anyone else looking for any of these people and finding these posts may have the same misinformation.

Thank you for the birth info from Sierkieran but I already had that which also led me to believe that the recollection of his birthplace/point of departure may have become muddled over the years but I wanted to exhaust all possibilities before continuing with the County Offaly lead.

All parties seem to agree that Tom's father was Paul Lester but they disagree on his mother's first name: Johanna/Josephine/Jossie but do agree on the last name: Molloy/Malloy.  Having only found thus far the info for Paul Lester married to Johanna Molloy in Offaly, I'm going to continue with that for the time being and see if I can find any relatives of Paul and Johanna in King's county to see where that leads me.

Offline RJ137

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 22 March 20 15:31 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the obits for Tom Lester.  They will be useful for my tree.  I already have most of the information for Tom and Ines' children and descendants but you never know where a useful tidbit will come from.

Daily Gazette
Las Vegas
June 18, 1881
pg: 4

Offline TPL

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 24 March 20 05:15 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the article but I already have it.  I have many articles about him from 1877-1906 but had yet to find an obit so I appreciate receiving the articles from 1909.  I just wish they contained some info about his life and family in Ireland or reason for leaving.

For now I'm going to discontinue any postings here and concentrate on the Offaly lead but will check back from time to time in case anyone else has any other recommendation or info.