Author Topic: Why are the over-70s in the UK still going out?  (Read 7454 times)

Offline Rishile

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Why are the over-70s in the UK still going out?
« Reply #108 on: Monday 23 March 20 10:03 GMT (UK) »
Some people need to have it explained clearly.  I thought this did the trick.

RIshile
Stoneham - Kent / Essex / Herts / Bucks / Devon
Pike - Kent
Pay - Kent
Swan/Swaine - Herts / London
Bissenden - Kent
Chappell - Herts
Hammond - Essex

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: Monday 23 March 20 10:04 GMT (UK) »
The over 70's are being given slots whereby we can shop but it is a good idea that all the over 70's who choose to go shopping go together

Most of us will need to go out occasionally, I certainly haven't got 4 months of food in, fresh fruit and veg is one I would go out for

Just stay safe

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline a chesters

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: Monday 23 March 20 22:12 GMT (UK) »
My wife is under doctors orders to walk for 20-30 minutes every day, on level ground.

The reason for this is due to her COPD. Without that walk, as instructed, she would be in much worse condition than the possibility of the latest virus.

We do go first thing in the morning, to the local shopping centre, before many other people are around. Most of those are also those using the level walking for health reasons.

We are in Australia, where we have not, as yet, been given such draconian instructions, only suggestions.

guest189040

« Reply #111 on: Tuesday 24 March 20 00:02 GMT (UK) »
Some people need to have it explained clearly.  I thought this did the trick.

RIshile

Its a bit complicated for many to understand.

Offline maggbill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Francis McNab 1874 - 1932
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: Tuesday 24 March 20 05:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi A Chester

I too am in Australia, and was part of a Heart Foundation shopping centre walking group.  The "comforts" and safety of the shopping centre are certainly better than walking on very uneven pavements etc.  Sad (but understandable) to find out that the Heart Foundation has taken the step of discontinuing the group because of the virus.  Yes, there are few people around at 7.30 a.m. - but a bit of "infection" risk is still there - so they are being quick and very fussy with the "social Distancing" and "Stay at home, over 70's" recommendations.  Hard one eh?  don't suppose it is relevant to walk around garden paths (boring I know) … purchase of a treadmill would have been good if we could have anticipated the virus eh?  Personally taking the approach of walking around very familiar streets, very early in a.m. - but needing to be very careful about "tripping hazards".  Good luck!
McNab, Kenney, Johnstone, Carrigan, (Cargan, Kirgan, Corrigan), Toll, Tracey, McNulty,  Reilly, Maguire, Loughlin, Banks, McGonagle, Forsyth, McDonald, Michael,  Kennedy, Bagnell, Cronan, Dunleavy, McMullan. -  Glasgow, Ireland, British Columbia Canada, Manchester New Hampshire USA.