Author Topic: State of Emergency Covid-19 (Part 5)  (Read 6773 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: State of Emergency Covid-19 (Part 5)
« Reply #63 on: Sunday 22 March 20 20:41 GMT (UK) »
Gadget - if you have a Nectar card they will know.

Rishile

I can't remember giving my dofb when I got one. Info on my account doesn't have those details, just name and address.

I do tend to spend a lot with them - and Waitrose when they send coupons  ;D
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline cuffie81

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Sunday 22 March 20 20:42 GMT (UK) »
My husband is 79 years old, I am 58.  He has a heart condition but it doesn't cause him much problem but I consider him a high risk.

The government article on 'shielding' the 'extremely vulnerable' has a list of criteria for people they consider to be vulnerable and it doesn't look as if your husband fits any of the criteria. The article states that NHS England will be contacting those affected people by letter by Sun 29th March.

But if you have any doubts, and you don't hear anything, best to contact his GP.

Today's BBC article covering the PM's daily update links to the same gov. article. The BBC article refers to the 'particularly vulnerable', so the gov. article does appear to be the list referred to today.

Gov.uk: Guidance on shielding and protecting people defined on medical grounds as extremely vulnerable from COVID-19
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-on-shielding-and-protecting-extremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-19/guidance-on-shielding-and-protecting-extremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-19

BBC: Coronavirus: Follow virus advice or 'tougher measures' likely, says PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51998559
Anderson Banks Beard Brewer Caves Clarke Clinch Cooling Cuff Denton Gamble Gibson Gunn Hunt Mills Muncey Norris Notzke Reid Robinson Searle Smith Trundle Turner Weedon Wells Wilson

Offline Rishile

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Sunday 22 March 20 20:49 GMT (UK) »
My husband is 79 years old, I am 58.  He has a heart condition but it doesn't cause him much problem but I consider him a high risk.

The government article on 'shielding' the 'extremely vulnerable' has a list of criteria for people they consider to be vulnerable and it doesn't look as if your husband fits any of the criteria.

Thanks for this.  He doesn't fit any of those criteria so that's one thing I don't have to worry about.

Rishile
Stoneham - Kent / Essex / Herts / Bucks / Devon
Pike - Kent
Pay - Kent
Swan/Swaine - Herts / London
Bissenden - Kent
Chappell - Herts
Hammond - Essex

Offline Jool

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • James Dodson, beautifully restored by mozza29
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Sunday 22 March 20 20:52 GMT (UK) »
Great news Gadget, it must be a great relief to know your food is being delivered. 

We shopped at our regular supermarket, Morrisons, on Saturday afternoon.  We are in our 50's and are shopping in store to give the more vulnerable a chance of an online shopping slot.  The staff there said they were well stocked when they opened, but as the children are off school the shelves and freezers had been stripped, it was quite shocking to see the empty shelves.  I think the parents have shopped for the rest of the year instead of just shopping for what they need for a week or so.  We couldn't get everything we needed but we will manage.

I really do feel for the people who need to rely on online shopping and struggle to get a delivery.

Take care.
Robbins - Wolverhampton.
Spooner - Monmouthshire & Wolverhampton.
Warner & Loundes - Dudley/West Bromwich.
Dod(g)son - Heysham/Liverpool/Wolverhampton

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Sunday 22 March 20 20:56 GMT (UK) »
Contacting our GP is impossible. The surgery is closed. If you ring you get through to a Receptionist who is not able to do much. My husband has tablets to control his rheumatoid arthritis. In order to get a repeat prescription he has to have a blood test done which requires a form from the Doc. Can we get one of these forms? Not a chance. For whatever reason one cannot be sent via the post and one cannot be collected from the surgery as it is closed. He has put in a repeat prescription with a note saying he'll get the blood test done when they can get a form to him, but we are not holding our breath that he will actually get the tablets.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Sunday 22 March 20 22:03 GMT (UK) »
I wish the food situation would settle down. We need bread and milk and I'd like some meat of some sort to cook. I'd like to simply go to our local small coop, but based on last weeks attempt, where I only got milk, I don't know if I'll end up going to another supermarket further away and if they haven't got things then further away still. All this puts us and others at greater risk......
Some shop pictures show glimpses of more fully stocked shops so fingers crossed it improves. Daughter lives down south and she still can't get loo rolls.
( we don't have a greengrocer , butcher etc)
North East of England

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Sunday 22 March 20 22:24 GMT (UK) »
If the supermarkets are doing as they're promising to do, i.e limit purchases of bread, milk, toilet rolls etc to two per person, it should eventually settle down of it's own accord. Of course there will always be the unscrupulous people who go in and repeat it the next day and the next etc, or send in every family member, I just hope that those people get sick of doing that. And that they end up with a load of stale bread and sour milk!  ;)
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

guest189040

« Reply #70 on: Sunday 22 March 20 22:37 GMT (UK) »
Boris needs to toughen up.

There are far to many people going out when they do not need to, groups of kids playing football together, families of all ages walking together where Gran is with them.

Talked to a guy whilst I was walking the dog and he did not see what the fuss is about.

Crowds at seaside, parks and Snowdonia shown on the news.

People will die who would otherwise live if stronger steps are not taken.

I had flu 40 years ago, it was hell, I felt terrible for weeks and weeks after.

You do not want to get flu, please do not assume that you will be OK, for you will only be OK if you and all around you adopt a more careful livestyle.

Be safe.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Sunday 22 March 20 23:52 GMT (UK) »
I don't believe this ...... I don't believe this...... I don't

I have been trying to get a delivery slot at Sainsburys since Thursday - nothing for 3 weeks. Each time I went in, It was the same. I also registered with all the other supermarkets, just in case

but....

I went into the  Sainsburys site 15 mins ago and lo and behold -  slots tomorrow. I'm expecting delivery of my goodies tomorrow at 10.am -11am..

There was only one thing that they reckoned they'd not got.

Fingers crossed

:D

You should get an email tomorrow before your delivery which will tell you what they are delivering and what they have substituted.  If they substitute an item with something of a higher value they will charge you the higher amount and send an e voucher in a couple of days refunding the difference between what your original item cost and what they charged for the replacement.

Hope you are lucky and get everything.  I have a delivery due Wednesday all going well.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk